Skin Bleaching Cream? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Skin Bleaching Cream?

skincare skin bleaching skin bleaching

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 electrahearts

electrahearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia c:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

This is a bit of a weird question, and it's aimed mostly to eastern Asian people on here (since that's the skin I have XD I want accurate info more aimed towards my skin type but anyone's experience is welcome) has anyone found an effective skin bleaching cream? I hear they're really popular in Korea and Japan and I want to buy one but the only ones I've found online seem sort of sketchy or inneffective. Anyone have any suggestions? (And please don't say that my natural skin is beautiful and I shouldn't change it- I know lots of people desire tan skin but that's simply not what I want on the new, thin me.)

• neepunfolegox likes this

"Do you want to be remembered as the beautiful thin one?"

Height: 5'3 ♡ HW: 132 SW: 126

CW: 125  :angry: 

LW: 115  :o 

UGW: 90  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

SKINNY GIRL DIET - STARTED 2.28.14

♡ 2 ♡ 3 ♡ 4 ♡ 5 ♡ 6 ♡ 7 ♡ 8 ♡ 9 ♡ 10 ♡ 11 ♡ 12 ♡ 13 ♡ 14 ♡ 15 ♡ 16 ♡ 17 ♡ 18 ♡ 19 ♡ 20 ♡ 21 ♡ 22 ♡ 23 ♡ 24 ♡ 25 ♡ 26 ♡ 27 ♡ 28 ♡ 29 ♡ 30

purple = pass, blue = fail, grey = UNAVOIDABLE (party, etc.)

#2 NeptuneQueen

NeptuneQueen

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

I've been looking for that too! Not for my whole body just for my knees and elbows because I hate how the skin folds up and looks dark. I've tried using esoterica but really didn't notice any difference whatsoever.

Height: 5'7"

CW: 118.0 (BMI 18.4)

HW: 135

LW: 104

GW1: 120

GW2:110?

UGW: 99?

IN AND OUT OF RECOVERY

kik: NeptuneQueen

MyFitnessPal: NeptuneQueen

#3 Guest_Moemoe_*

Guest_Moemoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

I hear fullers earth is good.

#4 Guest_bebe_*

Guest_bebe_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'm African American so not of the group you're looking for answers from BUT Palmers makes a bleaching cream that works really well. It's called Palmers Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream. I got mine from Sally's but it's available on Amazon too. I used it on some random discolorations I had and it worked really well and I haven't noticed any side effects. I only used it for about a month though.

My mother used Esoterica for years on her face and although it worked she says her skin texture has changed so I'd avoid that one.

#5 LaGataNegra

LaGataNegra

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

I know you asked for East Asians, I'm Hispanic and caramel toned. But I use Ambi fade cream. Even though it's for spots and discoloration, I put it all over my face. My face has overall gotten lighter and faded my acne scars.

I don't use it daily so I can't say how long until it shows results. It's mainly geared towards women of color but my mom has olive tone skin and uses it as well. I don't really want to get lighter, but I only use it during the summer so I can get my regular light brown color back. I hate tanning because it leaves me with 4 different tones all over my body. 

Also from what I've heard and witnessed myself from my very pale Vietnamese sister-in-law, BB cream is very popular. It's like a skin lightener, foundation, anti-wrinkle, treats acne/sun spots, and makes your face soft. It's a bit pricey but you have to get the legit brands. I go to K-Town/Korea Town in New York and they have the Korean store "The Face Shop". They have loads of face stuff and 2 shelves of BB cream. I'd check out their online shop or check on amazon to see if you can get that. When I watch kdramas and such they always talk about BB cream and idols/actors endorse it. 

Also get legit brand name kinds so you know they're not "sketchy". Like the Korean ones I know of from these brands: BRTC, Etude House, Missha, Nature Republic, Skin79, and Skin Food.

American ones: Dior, Maybelline, Revlon, Garnier, Clinique, and Smashbox.

I'd use it if I could find one in my tone.

Though I'm told by my sisters in law's family that the Asian products work better and are stronger like maybe they're allowed a higher dosage of lightener? I dunno, just what they say. So I recommend searching those brands if you can.

#6 electrahearts

electrahearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia c:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

I know you asked for East Asians, I'm Hispanic and caramel toned. But I use Ambi fade cream. Even though it's for spots and discoloration, I put it all over my face. My face has overall gotten lighter and faded my acne scars.

I don't use it daily so I can't say how long until it shows results. It's mainly geared towards women of color but my mom has olive tone skin and uses it as well. I don't really want to get lighter, but I only use it during the summer so I can get my regular light brown color back. I hate tanning because it leaves me with 4 different tones all over my body. 

Also from what I've heard and witnessed myself from my very pale Vietnamese sister-in-law, BB cream is very popular. It's like a skin lightener, foundation, anti-wrinkle, treats acne/sun spots, and makes your face soft. It's a bit pricey but you have to get the legit brands. I go to K-Town/Korea Town in New York and they have the Korean store "The Face Shop". They have loads of face stuff and 2 shelves of BB cream. I'd check out their online shop or check on amazon to see if you can get that. When I watch kdramas and such they always talk about BB cream and idols/actors endorse it. 

Also get legit brand name kinds so you know they're not "sketchy". Like the Korean ones I know of from these brands: BRTC, Etude House, Missha, Nature Republic, Skin79, and Skin Food.

American ones: Dior, Maybelline, Revlon, Garnier, Clinique, and Smashbox.

I'd use it if I could find one in my tone.

Though I'm told by my sisters in law's family that the Asian products work better and are stronger like maybe they're allowed a higher dosage of lightener? I dunno, just what they say. So I recommend searching those brands if you can.

Ahh! Thank you so much! This is actually perfect, I've been trying to find the ones idols endorse. I'll look for some BB creams then! Thanks again, doll. You're the best. Wow.

"Do you want to be remembered as the beautiful thin one?"

Height: 5'3 ♡ HW: 132 SW: 126

CW: 125  :angry: 

LW: 115  :o 

UGW: 90  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

SKINNY GIRL DIET - STARTED 2.28.14

♡ 2 ♡ 3 ♡ 4 ♡ 5 ♡ 6 ♡ 7 ♡ 8 ♡ 9 ♡ 10 ♡ 11 ♡ 12 ♡ 13 ♡ 14 ♡ 15 ♡ 16 ♡ 17 ♡ 18 ♡ 19 ♡ 20 ♡ 21 ♡ 22 ♡ 23 ♡ 24 ♡ 25 ♡ 26 ♡ 27 ♡ 28 ♡ 29 ♡ 30

purple = pass, blue = fail, grey = UNAVOIDABLE (party, etc.)

#7 Guest_Mizuki ♡_*

Guest_Mizuki ♡_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Ahh! Thank you so much! This is actually perfect, I've been trying to find the ones idols endorse. I'll look for some BB creams then! Thanks again, doll. You're the best. Wow.

I heard SkinFood's brightener doesn't work that well and that it is mostly temporary.

#8 •Hęrmįt•

•Hęrmįt•

Advanced Ana Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11359 posts
  • LocationNorthEast USA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hydrogen peroxide does the trick. Wash your face with it. And anywhere else you want lightened.
I have been given a warning for posting the link to a petition to get Amber removed from the site. Said member has posted my personal information on the site as well as harassed and hazed multiple members. This member calls others vulgar names, makes fun of people's weight, and various other aspects of other members they create drama about. If you'd like to know who and would like to sign my petition please PM me.

My other petition is below.

Petition to unlock the Bitchy comments Thread http://www.petitions..._back_bc_thread

#9 LaGataNegra

LaGataNegra

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

You're welcome! I'm really in love with The Face Shop though. Suzy from Miss A is like the face of their products right now. Dara/Lee Min Ho/SHINee/F(x) and Park Shin Hye are in Etude House XD

#10 Guest_Mizuki ♡_*

Guest_Mizuki ♡_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hydrogen peroxide does the trick. Wash your face with it. And anywhere else you want lightened.

​This is very very very bad for you if used excessively though...

To even use it once a week would be pushing it.

#11 Tiasophia

Tiasophia

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationQueensland Australia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I have very very pale skin but I use a skin lightener to kept my skin tone even. 5 mins in the sun or a pimple is incredibly visible so I've tried a few an my favorite is N'class whitening serum by ICS (a Korean brand I think). The serum is beautiful, not greasy with a really delicate fragrance and visible results quickly. I see results the next day if I wear it at night but that might be because I am so pale to begin with. It doesn't sting like some others I have tried so it should be good if you have sensitive skin.

#12 Guest_MiniCherokeeXx_*

Guest_MiniCherokeeXx_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

use products with hydroquinone in them 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skincare, skin, bleaching, skin bleaching

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users