Binge Hangover Recovery (Tw?) - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Binge Hangover Recovery (Tw?)

binge hangover binge recovery hangover remedy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_daytripper_*

Guest_daytripper_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

16oz water w/ lemon (binge) OR baking soda (hangover)
anti inflammatory (NSAID/weed)
cinnamon cocoa coffee with unsweetened almond milk and fiber powder
30 minutes full sequence yoga or whole body stretching
30 minutes light mixed strength and cardio training
16oz water w/ lemon
vitamins (i take multi, biotin, C, D, magnesium, omegas)

this is the same thing i do for a hangover. when i am in worse shape for whatever reasons, i do less exercise. exercise is important bc it increases blood flow and therefore oxygen. it will make you feel better! dehydration and poor blood flow are two big causes of that cruddy feeling! i'm only having coffee and water today, but it's good to have protein and fiber after a binge or to help a hangover. you should drink more water than usual, but don't have more than 150% of what is recommended for your body weight.

yesterday, i had a massive binge. i had a few flourless peanut butter cookies with chocolate icing, a few packaged chocolate chip cookies, fried rice, homemade barbecue and buffalo chicken nuggets, and homemade cheesy fried potato chips with bacon bits and blue cheese dressing. god knows what else i had in between. 
i was 130.4lbs before bed last night, and 135.3 when i woke up. i felt like shit when i woke up this morning. my hands and feet were swollen and my entire body was stiff. i honestly felt like i caught a cold! 5 hours later after some binge recovery, and i'm already feeling much better! i've peed like a zillion times and i'm already 2lbs lighter c: my head is also clear which is a huge relief.
hopefully this will kick off a little quicker loss since i have been stuck in a rut of 128-130.
i hate that my binge was basically on crap.

• StarkRavingOphelia, yummymeats, Jesbeethy and 1 other like this

#2 Guest_FiFiLaMeow_*

Guest_FiFiLaMeow_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

thank you so much for this, I just binged on brownies after a successful week of eating very healthily and i'm freaking out. I could seriously give you a big hug right now :) My brain is on fire, my stomach feels so terrible because i know i've probably stretched it and since it's not used to such a high amount of calories at once anymore (i don't even KNOW how many calories i had in one setting of brownie eating) I don't know why but i feel like i have to explain away, so i will, i made brownies for my kids because i want them to enjoy treats llike normal kids do and it's friday  and i thought, hmm okay just one, well one turned into mmmm 4 maybe? SIGH, now i have to burn off 4 brownies and i'll die if my scale goes up by 5 pounds tomorrow. I'm in a plateu state with my weight loss. down 60 pounds from the end of june/beginning of july. Mia was seriously screaming at me  to purge but not with my kids around. sigh sigh sigh. thanks again :)

#3 Guest_daytripper_*

Guest_daytripper_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

thank you so much for this, I just binged on brownies after a successful week of eating very healthily and i'm freaking out. I could seriously give you a big hug right now :) My brain is on fire, my stomach feels so terrible because i know i've probably stretched it and since it's not used to such a high amount of calories at once anymore (i don't even KNOW how many calories i had in one setting of brownie eating) I don't know why but i feel like i have to explain away, so i will, i made brownies for my kids because i want them to enjoy treats llike normal kids do and it's friday  and i thought, hmm okay just one, well one turned into mmmm 4 maybe? SIGH, now i have to burn off 4 brownies and i'll die if my scale goes up by 5 pounds tomorrow. I'm in a plateu state with my weight loss. down 60 pounds from the end of june/beginning of july. Mia was seriously screaming at me  to purge but not with my kids around. sigh sigh sigh. thanks again :)

you're welcome! i crammed way too much in my stomach yesterday. i thought i was gonna pop and it ruined my sleep last night!
how have you been losing? i've lost about 30 since August with restricting, occasionally ketosis and fasting. i'm trying to eat cleaner and build a little muscle.
you're sort of close to me if you're in Kentucky! i'm in Birmingham, AL.

#4 Guest_FiFiLaMeow_*

Guest_FiFiLaMeow_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

you're welcome! i crammed way too much in my stomach yesterday. i thought i was gonna pop and it ruined my sleep last night!
how have you been losing? i've lost about 30 since August with restricting, occasionally ketosis and fasting. i'm trying to eat cleaner and build a little muscle.
you're sort of close to me if you're in Kentucky! i'm in Birmingham, AL.

oh great job for you girlie! :D  I fasted with 2 water fasts and restricting and meshing the ideas from paleo eating and veganism together. Eating clean is a wonderful thing for sure! This morning when i woke up i literally realized i was ready to completely convert to veganism, like i could tell i wasn't craving any kind of animal product and then this stupid brownie binge for no real reason. Except i was curious to see what how my body would react but i thought i could control myself, i am soooo dumb. And now my body is saying WTF? we DON"T WANT SUGARY CRAP IN US! GET IT OUT! lol. I also am a bit obsessive over laxatives, and somewhat mia tendencies but as long as i only eat veggies fruit and beans, mia does not get the best of me. I'm really open about what i struggle/do i hope that's not too much for you, I don''t me to make you uncomfortable or anything, just honest. I'm in Lexington Kentucky :D Do you Kik? I love Kik, it's more instant then on here, especially of course if i'm not near my computer and i can better access my friends from mpa without my hubs knowing what i'm doing :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binge, hangover, binge recovery, hangover remedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users