Bad Pores? :( - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Bad Pores? :(

pores ugly horrible help disgusting healthier

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HelpMeBeThinPleease

HelpMeBeThinPleease

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have really horrible pores along my nose and a few across my cheeks and on my chin. 

I need to get rid of them, they look so horrible.

Pore strips make it better for like five minutes and then the next morning you wake up with twice as many - I learned the hard way. They're just a quick fix and not worth it :(

I've heard that having a healthy life-style can help get rid of them? Like drink lots of water or something :S or is that just with spots?

So what can I do to get rid of them?

I wear glasses CONSTANTLY, is this affecting them?

I'd have some lovely freckles on show if it wasn't for them :(

• shuslyBossy, Joingilking, Jawaymnsmoors and 3 others like this

Current weight:

12 Stone

168 lbs

11 stone 5 

159 lbs

Goal weight:

10 stone

140 lbs

Dream weight:

8 stone

112 lbs

#2 Guest_LALAJAPAN_*

Guest_LALAJAPAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Um I would say when your in the shower exfoliate so your pores open and you can deep clean them. Or just steam your face with whatever you have available, like a hot washcloth. After that make sure you splash your face with really cold water to ceal your pores back up. Apparently marilyn monroe splashed her face 15 times because it shrinks pores and evens out your skin tone. Then if you need it, i dont use it, toner. I just moisturize with mango seed butter and mine have gotten noticeably smaller and I only really breakout now and blackheads are more bountiful  if im pms√≠ng. So yeah, steam to open, exfoliate however you want, splash cold to close, tone if needed and moisturize. Done. 

#3 enigmatic

enigmatic

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorthern Europe

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Coffee seems to always make my visible pores even worse. So drinking water & green tea definitely helps. Also sweating helps me to improve my skin quality. And of course moisturizing and washing my face every now and then.

I will get there. I will be skinny again.

highest BMI : 23.2 |

| current BMI: 19.9 |

my goal BMI: 18.0  |

height 5'10"

160 159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152  151 150 

149 148 147 14145 144 143 142 141 140 139

138 137 135 136 135 134 133 132 131 130

#4 Guest_daytripper_*

Guest_daytripper_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

My pores have always been huge. Sometimes it's genetic. Staying hydrated and sweating often helps. I try to use BHA and AHA on my face when I money as sensitivity permit. I like neutrogena pore refining toner and neutrogena naturals purifying cleanser. I use plain glycerin ad water as a protectant from outside stuffs.

#5 j-u-l-i-e

j-u-l-i-e

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

I give myself lactic acid 25% peels once a week (skin doesn't actually peel at that level) and it keep my pores empty all week with 5 min of effort and $13 for the bottle off ebay.

Use primer with or without foundation, makes pores less visible.  They have nanoblur (cream for skin) in the UK that has great reviews.

HW: ~129   GW1: 110  GW2: 105    GW3: 100    GW4: 95   

~ 5'1"

runhungrytastevictory.tumblr.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pores, ugly, horrible, help, disgusting, healthier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users