5 Bite Diet...starting Tomorrow - Page 2 - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

5 Bite Diet...starting Tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Ellyroze

Ellyroze

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:24 PM

#22 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:11 AM

I know the latest reply on this is from March, but wanted to jump on the bandwagon here if anyone still wants to do it? I don't want to take over someone's accountability thread. I am starting this today, slightly modified though. I'm having a smoothie and monster zero ultra for breakfast each morning just for 5 of the next 7 days (just spent a hefty amount on a Splendid Spoon delivery) then 5 bites for lunch and 5 for dinner. 2 extra bites for a snack allowed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#23 Four-Peas

Four-Peas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:00 PM

I'm doing this. I've tried it before, it works. My mistake was modifying though. I bought the book (Why Weight Around by Alwin Lewis) and it makes so much more sense. It's not about what you eat, but the consistency of how much you eat. The receptors in our stomach get used to a certain volume. By eating the exact amount of volume (5 bites twice a day, approximately 2 Snickers) for 3 days, our stomach receptors or "hungerstat" gets reset. So it is super important not to deviate from the volume unless it's fewer bites. So, no huge bites, no thinking that it's okay to eat more because it's a salad because that will reset the hungerstat. Obviously anyone can modify to their heart's content but based on what the Doctor says in his book, staying consistent in volume is tantamount to our success in weightloss and not feeling as though we're starving. Anywho...Now that I've read the book I want to try again. I'm going to be eating 2 Laura Bars per day at 12 and 4 for three days to reset my hunger level and go from there.

SW: 158

CW: 130 :(

GW: 120

UGW: 115

64e69758a7ef9274e5bee98d189f6988.gif

SW: 158

CW: 126.2

GW1: 120

GW2: 115

UGW: 110

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users