How To Untangle Knots Without Losing Too Much Hair? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How To Untangle Knots Without Losing Too Much Hair?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gecko

gecko

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8141 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

omg my hair is one huge tangle right now.  ugh..and if i brush through it, even from bottom to top, i know most of it will end up falling out.

idk what to do.  i don't own any conditioner (and i can't afford to get more for another 2 weeks)

but i have various lubricants like coconut oil, olive oil, body lotion...thats about it, though.

if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

• Besjeonsorm and GentKayaway like this

#2 Guest_grossie_*

Guest_grossie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

work some oil through it! like A LOT of oil. you'll feel nasty, but i swear to god it'll help. start with a larger comb and work top from bottom really gently. go slow.

is it actually falling out in patches, or just thinning? i'm going through the same. very frustrating.

#3 Guest_floating_*

Guest_floating_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

slather it with coconut  or olive oil and use one of those wide tooth shower combs and do as the above poster said, work your way section by tiny section slowly from the bottom.  when you do have a little extra money, here's what i Swear by. http://www.iherb.com...Yg&gclsrc=aw.ds  it's like, a dollar or two more at Sally's, but every beauty shop i've ever been to has it.  it has silicones in there that cause slip, so you spray that all over, and slowly detangle.  it makes it sooo much easier i promise.

#4 shrink5sizes

shrink5sizes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

When I have a knot, I hold my hair above the knot in a fist and then brush the knot out... that way I dont feel any pain or anything! :) hopefully it helps you out.

#5 Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Librarian of Sass

• Super Moderators
  • 32118 posts
  • Locationamphetamine logic

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Have you got a tangle teaser?

#supermod

pirate-radio crackle and cassette fuzz

[I was Rolling Stone’s “Hot Bukowski.” I was the toast of the town. I was puking flowers afterhours; I was letting everybody down]

ybYsYet.jpg?1

I write sometimes

#6 silenthungerstrike

silenthungerstrike

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I honestly take a shower and bring a wide tooth comb in with me. When I finish shampooing my hair I work lots of conditioner into it and start at the bottom and work my way from the bottom of my hair to the top

DGSQ.gif

>>Watch me build and Empire from the ashes of every single thing that tried to destroy me <<

#7 Guest_plurfect_*

Guest_plurfect_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Saturate with oil or condition, or oil and conditioner. Finger detangle and use your fingers to undo the most concentrated areas in the tangles. Separate you hair into sections and pin them up once you're finished. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users