Nail Polish - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Nail Polish

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_adipokine_*

Guest_adipokine_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

So, I'm a guy who has fairly short nails. I like painting them black, or dark blue, etc. I'm fairly new to painting them, however.

For those of you who paint your nails, how long do you leave the polish on before changing it? If you scrape or chip some polish off, is it better to remove the whole nail and start again, or try to fill in the chipped polish?

I'm putting down a clear base coat, 2 same color coats, and a clear top coat. Is that overkill, or not enough?

Thanks!!

• ceviestermirm likes this

#2 Guest_floating_*

Guest_floating_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

eh, just depends on the look you're going for or how anal you are about your nails.  that is the proper way; base, 2 coats, top coat.  they even have top coats that double as a base coat so you just have to buy one bottle.  

i personally remove the whole thing if it chips, b/c that doesn't go with my . .  look.  i don't usually try to color over the chipped part b/c sometimes the new polish and old polish look uneven and bumpy if you get what i'm saying.  so it's just what u feel comfy with i guess.

#3 Borderl1ne

Borderl1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

I guess you can do whatever you feel comfortable with. I change polish like every day to every other day (I love different colours depending on my mood) so it basically never gets chipped. If it do I prefer to re-do the whole nail. I never bother with base coat or top coat. I just paint a layer or two of whatever colour I like for the day.  

5'9.5"
CW: 113lbs
LW: 101lbs
HW: 153 lbs

#4 Heretic

Heretic

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1527 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

I let mine Chip and remove the Access, it works with my style. And I paint Base and one Coat of colour, all a question of the quality of the varnish. But don't try to fill it in, that looks strange. Since I usually wear Black, i just redo the nails that need it and not all of them. But you need to take care of them more, because you get no Air to your nail.

5″8

BMI: 18.4

#5 Guest_adipokine_*

Guest_adipokine_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

Thanks y'all!

#6 MarkahMalady

MarkahMalady

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

I buy the plastic blanks and spend a few days tricking them out like nuts. (: It's super fun. The polish never chips off the plastic blanks unless there's like a million coats of glitter on there. Right now mine are a lavender to light pink ombre, with the lavender at the base.
Black nails look so cool on guys! (: Would you ever wear another color or some decals or something?
tumblr_oehnm4gRy61unc4uko4_540.gif
5'9"
Hw: 285 ):
Cw: 202 work in progress
Gw1/Lw: 185
Gw2: 165 (healthy range)
Ugw: 125 <3

All we need is endless self control.

#7 Guest_adipokine_*

Guest_adipokine_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

I wouldn't mind wearing a few other colors (dark blue/green, silver maybe), but patterns or decals aren't my thing.

My boyfriend isn't the biggest fan of it, but he puts up with it anyway.

I hope it looks even better as I lose more weight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users