baby fever?! - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

baby fever?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mïś§ Ůşěď

Mïś§ Ůşěď

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 3170 posts
  • LocationNorth DaSnowta

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I have a son. hes almost 1. But I desperately want a daughter too. My pregnancy with my son was very rough. I developed preeclqmpsia while pregnant and he almost died at birth. I had horrible post partum depression and broke my tailbone giving birth.

Is it messed up that I really want another baby? I mean I want to reach my weight loss goals really badly too....but I also want to try for a daughter.... :(
And then the downward spiral began
I knew it was real
Because I could not unthink it
I could not stand still to make it stop

#2 determinedmiss

determinedmiss

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Do not be put off by one bad pregnancy.  With my eldest i had an undiagnosed kidney infection, ended up hospitalised, permanent damage done, was so ill, horrific birth, full episiotomy back to back no pain relief.  Honestly it was the most horrific thing ive ever done.  followed by pnd, mastitis, you name it......... my second was a fucking walk in the park!!  Easy pregnancy, easy birth, total dream :) I dont think its messed up to want another xx

• Diesel likes this

HW: 156lbs
CW: 118lbs
GW 1: 120lbs
GW 2: 115lbs
GW 3: 110lbs

UGW: 100lbs

#3 fatcat

fatcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

I totally hear you!

I couldn't help but getting pregnant again when my first baby was only 10 months old and that the father was abusive and all.  I had the same feeling after the second child, but I was then single (as I finally left him while I was still pregnant) and I was a bit more aware of the impulse and smarter about it   ;)

HW: 148 (pregnant)

LW: 100 (last year)

CW: 121  :(
GW1: 115

GW2: 110

GW3: 105

UG: 99

height: 5'5

#4 nearlydawn

nearlydawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Right there with you. I was induced early because I came into the hospital with a blood pressure of 162/103.. I was purple and having chest pains.. I gained so much weight after delivering him, and I keep telling myself that I can't get pregnant again until I lose all this weight, so I can actually have a baby bump... but at the same time, I'm dying to be pregnant and have another baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users