Mother of many - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Mother of many

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SweetT

SweetT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Needing to roar.  

I am the mother of 4 boys.  I had my oldest 2 really young, and my youngest 2 recent.  All boys... Growing hungry boys.

I also have a culinary degree with emphasis on desserts.  I taught myself that food is only worth swallowing if its really really good.  Otherwise its simply not worth swallowing.  My family has been accustomed to this.  So they expect gourmet dinners every night or at least every other night.  They're happy with mac and cheese or pizza don't get me wrong.  But there are too many nights where I just dont want to eat at all and content with that fact.  But I just cant not make food at all ( I know double negative) so every night is an internal battle with myself as I prepare this great dinner I want to eat yet at the same time want to run away from it.  

Is there anyone else out there going through the same battle?

I've been able to hide my friend ed and ana from my husband and kids, there's no suspicions there.  I've been struggling with it since highschool so it's a huge feat for me.  As my oldest boys continue to grow and demand more food, I fear I might slip from carelessness.

Oy. 

31yo F

5'1"

SW:  118.9

CW:  111.1

GW:  105

GW2:  100

GW3:  95

UG:  85

#2 PumaConcolor

PumaConcolor

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationWonderland (or Canada)

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

I bought the Weight Watcher's cookbook - it's been like my bible lately because I LOVE to cook but I don't love my weight. The nice thing about it is that is gives all the stats for the meal so you get a calorie count, fat content, amounts of carbs, sugars, fats. Plus you can always tweak them a bit. I try not to stray too much from what's in the recipe so I know my counting is accurate but I'll throw in a few extra cloves of garlic sometimes or substitue this for that. It's not gourmet by any means but it is pretty good. There's a fish taco recipe that I'm in love with - soooo delicious. I avoided fish tacos like the plague because they sounded so gross to me but now that I have this recipe I don't like regular beef tacos anymore.

Maybe start grabbing some different low cal recipe books and magazines and see what you can find that's worth trying.

Height: 5'0
SW: 161 lbs
CW: 135 lbs

LW: 93 lbs
GW1: 120 lbs
GW2: 100 lbs

UGW: 93 lbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users