Sh Scars - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Sh Scars

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_makemethin!_*

Guest_makemethin!_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

Ok so i have quite a lot of these on my arms and legs. arms - i havent shown in 13 years.

i get far too hot in the gym as i have to wear long sleeves so does anyone have suggestions on how to reduce these loads so i can wear even 1/2 sleeves?? i use bio oil and its worked a bit but i really wanna b able to show them off. and not have stares.

• Lissa <3 likes this

#2 Guest_setthebirdsfree_*

Guest_setthebirdsfree_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

I haven't tried this myself - but I have heard lemon juice will make them fade faster :))

• Lissa <3 likes this

#3 Guest_makemethin!_*

Guest_makemethin!_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Ooo thanks. I will try this. Sum of them are keloid ones so i dont think they will ever go or b able.to be seen x

#4 Mïś§ Ůşěď

Mïś§ Ůşěď

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 3170 posts
  • LocationNorth DaSnowta

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

See if you can find silicone sheets. i used a scar fading system of silicone sheets and it really helped fade them. read reviews before buying. some are better than others. :)
And then the downward spiral began
I knew it was real
Because I could not unthink it
I could not stand still to make it stop

#5 Guest_makemethin!_*

Guest_makemethin!_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

hi thanks - i will look into these x

#6 lilpiggyhadnone

lilpiggyhadnone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I've been using lemon juice on my acne scars and its improved the look of them.
Also I have heard if you buy vitamin e capsules and open them up and rub the oil that is inside the tablets on to your skin it works really well for scars

#7 Guest_Silver22_*

Guest_Silver22_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Ive heard/tried oatmeal, water and honey face mask and if i remember right, it seemed to work.

#8 Guest_makemethin!_*

Guest_makemethin!_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Thankyou for all the advice people - i will try ALL of these x

#9 Guest_setthebirdsfree_*

Guest_setthebirdsfree_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Ooo thanks. I will try this. Sum of them are keloid ones so i dont think they will ever go or b able.to be seen x

Yeah same here:/

When they have faded enough and I'm old enough I will get a half sleeve tatto to cover them.. if I ever can stop cutting and let them fade >.<''

#10 Guest_makemethin!_*

Guest_makemethin!_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

ahhh setthebirdsfree!! im am with u there! im dying to get a sleeve! i wud need one on both arm tho cos theyre messed up. but yea. love sleeves. black and white shady tho. theres this this woman comes into my work - super skinny and pretty and has a sleeve. looks amazeballs x

#11 dancer1204

dancer1204

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

I have a ton of scars from surgery and I use coconut oil and bio oil like you said. I think it works the best. But also my doctor told to me to keep my scars out of the sun so they won't be as bad. One more thing I noticed with my scars is that the longer I have them the more faded they get. I've had one since birth that is almost completely gone(:

#12 SkinniLove

SkinniLove

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Now that they are old enough, my scars are white instead of purple. I have just learned to not care anymore. All throughout middle school, and freshman year of high school I wore only long sleeves. Then I just got tired of wearing sweatshirts in July an wore whatever I wanted. I relapsed several times over the coming years, until I was 19 or 20 so I got new scars. I would cover them until they turned white-ish and then just let it all hang out again.

I find that it really isn't that big of a deal. Many people never notice because of the way I hold my arm, or don't notice for a long time, or just don't say anything. If they do ask I just say "Eh, I dunno" and don't explain further. I've just learned to accept that my body is scarred, and if I can live with it, so can everyone else.

• Lissa <3 and familyFuckUp like this

BMI: 20.7

Food diary

Be nice!

#13 Dark Pale

Dark Pale

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Everyone reccomends bio oil, so you cant do wrong by keeping on using that.
If youre pale, scars stand out more. I have really big, thick scarring, some have faded but the newer ones that are have welted are impossible to do anything about without some kind of scar reduction surgery.
But i find that when i use tan, it reduces the appearance of scarring :)
  • Lissa <3 likes this
~ just a another girl trying to get skinny ~

#14 barbieblondelondon

barbieblondelondon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

I have them all on my thighs and on my wrists and they stand out so badly when you are pale. Amount of people who give me funny looks at work after spotting my wrists :( ... Anyhows... Use the fudge out of fake tanning products, invest in a body foundation - mac is awesome and try not to care. People are shallow :/

Smile gorgeous. You can reach your goal.

#15 Caterina123

Caterina123

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

For a quick fix try fondation and conceler. To get them to fade try neosprian for recent cuts. Coconut oil,lavender oil,lemon juice, bio oil or just tan to make them less noticeable 

gallery_13725_51466_19196.jpg

#16 AdilynEvermae

AdilynEvermae

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

As far as keloids are concerned I know when I got one on my nose piercing, I did salt water soaks and those barely worked, tea tree oil (diluted a bit if you get the concentrated stuff) and for really bad ones an aspirin tablet crushed and mixed with sea salt into a thick paste (with a little water) and left on over night. Silicon sheets should also work, but I think the main thing is keeping your skin moist (such as with a lotion or oil) and if there are small keloids you can treat them yourself, otherwise you'll have to go to the doc.  I know this works on acne scars to, so best of luck.

HW: ~200lbs (Feb 2004)

LW: 142.0 lbs (Jan 2014)

CW:  147.6 lbs :wacko:

SW: 192 (April 2013)

GW1: 185 (May 2013) [Restriction]

GW2: 180 (June 3 2013) [SGD]

GW3: 170 (June 16 2013) [SGD]

GW4: 160 (August 2 2013) [Restriction]

GW5: 150 (September 28,2013 [Restriction]

GW6: 140 (August 1)

GW7: 130 (November 1)

UGW: 120 (by 1/1/2015)