Dry skin - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Dry skin

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BrokenSpirit

BrokenSpirit

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, UK

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

Hey i have patches of dry skin on my cheeks which look awful... Does anybody know how i can get rid of it?

Mirror, Mirror on my wall, Ruthless to your victim, Suiting you is all I know, a slave to my reflection.

42676176.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss
Height: 5' 4"
HW: 126lb
LW: 98lb
CW: 126lb :(
 GW1: 114lb
GW2: 104lb
GW3: 94lb
UGW: 84lb
0lb DOWN 42lb TO GO!

#2 Guest_setthebirdsfree_*

Guest_setthebirdsfree_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hey i have patches of dry skin on my cheeks which look awful... Does anybody know how i can get rid of it?

use a very gentle scrub to remove the dead skin and moisturize! I have oily skin so I don't really know a good one for dry skin, but I know nic from "pixiwoo" loves the embryolisse moisturizer. Just look for a moisturizer that is made for dry skin.

Also you can use a thicker cream in the night and a lighter one that is going to sink into your skin faster in the morning, right before you do your makeup. :)

But remember to exfoliate ;)

also make sure you drink a lot of water, maybe your skin is dehydrated?

hope that helps ^-^

#3 Guest_Watisthishaha_*

Guest_Watisthishaha_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I used to get dry skin on my cheeks and between my eyebrows.  Drinking more water cleared it up completely!

#4 lilpiggyhadnone

lilpiggyhadnone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

I LOVE Pixiwoo!

And yeah exfoliation, hot cloth cleansing can help (with a muslin cloth) in addition to scrubs.
Also you can try chemical exfoliants like AHA products which help to shed top layers of the skin.
I use a clarisonic, but they are expensive! Worth it if you can afford it though. I asked for mine for my birthday.

Have you tried a Moisture face mask such as Origins overnight drink up intensive mask?
Basically a super moisturising overnight treatment.

• PrettyBones96 likes this

#5 Guest_the-perfect-90_*

Guest_the-perfect-90_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

Have you tried a homemade sugar scrub? Mix together one part olive oil and two parts white sugar - it works like a treat on the rest of your body too! Putting on moisturiser after you've rinsed it off keeps the skin nice as well :)

#6 e_zola

e_zola

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

I use vaseline in the evening. Take it off before going to bed. Works very good.

#7 Guest_Watisthishaha_*

Guest_Watisthishaha_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Oh, I forgot!  A weekly egg-white face mask.  It sounds disgusting but it is honestly the best thing ever.  Your face will feel all tight and when you wash it off after 10-15 minutes your skin will feel amazing.  Trust me.

#8 g1ng3r

g1ng3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Locationalaska

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

I get really bad dry patches on my forehead. I just use an exfoliating cleanser and then I use a thick night cream in the morning. I find that it works a lot better than the thinner moisturizers. It also keeps my face moisturizer the entire day; instead of just a couple hours.

"think skinny"

#9 Lu.

Lu.

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Oh, I forgot!  A weekly egg-white face mask.  It sounds disgusting but it is honestly the best thing ever.  Your face will feel all tight and when you wash it off after 10-15 minutes your skin will feel amazing.  Trust me.

I absolutely agree with the egg-whites! Keep the egg yolk and try alternating these two masks... just make sure you leave the egg on until it dries on your skin (and then make sure you don't talk, otherwise it'll crack) :) 15-20 minutes should be plenty of time, then wash it off with cold water.

I read somewhere that dabbing milk on your dry patches with a cotton ball works very well, too, but I don't believe I tried it myself.

Hope you get rid of the dryness very soon, it gets really really irritating..

162.5 cm/ 5'4"

HW: 71 kg/ 156.5 lbs
LW: 50.6 kg/ 111.55 lbs
CW:  53.1 kg/ 117.07 lbs (July 6, 2013)

GWs:  54 kg/ 119.05 lbs  53 kg/ 116.84 lbs   52 kg/ 114.6 lbs   51 kg/ 112.44 lbs  50 kg/ 110.2 lbs  49 kg/ 108.03 lbs
UGW: 48 kg/ 105.82 lbs

http://www.taste-thin.blogspot.com/

22516015.png

Challenges:

10 Pound Challenge

My accountability threat

#10 Guest_floating_*

Guest_floating_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

i agree with everyone else on the exfoliating.  in addition to staying hydrated try a heavier moisturizer like eucerin.  if it's too heavy for you to go out in only use it at home, then try cetaphil during the day

#11 edie

edie

Sage

• Supporter
  • 945 posts
  • LocationSouth France

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

olive oil is good for dry skin!

signaturey

#12 MyLovelydiet.com

MyLovelydiet.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Very low calorie diet adverse reactions are cold intolerance, fatigue, light-headedness, nervousness, euphoria, constipation or diarrhea, dry skin, thinning reddened hair, anemia and menstrual irregularities. Also you could have a deficiency of some vitamins or minerals. 

http://www.mylovelyd...s.blogspot.com/

http://www.mylovelydiet.com/ - is a group of doctors, dietitians and top chiefs, gathered together to provide top quality meal plans just right for you and your family.

#13 Dark Pale

Dark Pale

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

exfoliate to remove the flakey dead skin and moisurise afterwards
~ just a another girl trying to get skinny ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users