30+ with "regular/professional" jobs - Page 17 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

30+ with "regular/professional" jobs

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#321 Marjaneh

Marjaneh

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationIstanbul, not Constantinople

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:09 AM

I'm 30 and work as a full-time editor. Not too bad as I can work from home and my schedule is flexible.

BMI ~ 14.9

Height ~ 5'10''

~ I just know that something good is going to happen. I don't know when, but just saying it could even make it happen. ~

#322 gracieux

gracieux

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:27 AM

I hope your studies are going well! I graduated from law school in May - I saw how chaotic things got when education went online. What are you studying? 

Also - props to you for balancing school with such an intensive job!  I had the luxury of studying full time, but I've seen the commitment it takes to keep a job during grad school. Before getting my J.D. I worked as a legal assistant. Those years taught me that whenever an unexpected issue threatens to derail a matter, it's usually one of the paralegals who saves the day  :D

Thanks! And congratulations on graduating law school - that's huge! And it must feel so relieving to be done with school. I'm actually studying clinical mental health counseling, so a bit different, but not a surprise for someone with her own mental health issues.  :blink:   Luckily my program was already a hybrid program, so the online component is quite streamlined - very grateful for that! 

I didn't know if I'd enjoy paralegal work, but I've definitely contemplated law school more than once. The only thing that has stopped me is knowing it's more school - and more student debt lol.

Female 30 years old 

HW: (BMI 19.5)

LW: (BMI 14.6)

CW: (BMI 18.0)

#323 AlarmedRefrigerator

AlarmedRefrigerator

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:06 PM

I'm 31 and a full-time speech language pathologist in an elementary school 

5'4" 

CW:  :blink: /GW: 105 (BMI 18) 

Link to accountability

#324 AAAA22

AAAA22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 12:02 AM

Thanks! And congratulations on graduating law school - that's huge! And it must feel so relieving to be done with school. I'm actually studying clinical mental health counseling, so a bit different, but not a surprise for someone with her own mental health issues.  :blink:   Luckily my program was already a hybrid program, so the online component is quite streamlined - very grateful for that! 

I didn't know if I'd enjoy paralegal work, but I've definitely contemplated law school more than once. The only thing that has stopped me is knowing it's more school - and more student debt lol.

Thanks! Graduating in 2020 was crazy, but I'm so happy to be done with school. Three long and expensive years of one's life. 

Glad to hear the pandemic didn't shake things up too much with your grad school's program. Wishing you well in your future career - the world definitely needs mental health professionals and counselors! (more lawyers, not so much :lol:)

• gracieux likes this

#325 gracieux

gracieux

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 08:47 AM

Thanks! Graduating in 2020 was crazy, but I'm so happy to be done with school. Three long and expensive years of one's life. 

Glad to hear the pandemic didn't shake things up too much with your grad school's program. Wishing you well in your future career - the world definitely needs mental health professionals and counselors! (more lawyers, not so much :lol:)

I wish you well, too! There are so many interesting types of law to practice. Happy Holidays  :)

Female 30 years old 

HW: (BMI 19.5)

LW: (BMI 14.6)

CW: (BMI 18.0)

#326 lailai

lailai

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:15 AM

37 and a primary school teacher.

Height: 5'6.5'' / 169 cm

HW:     151.7 lbs / 68.8 kg

LW:     114.4 lbs / 51.9 kg

SW:     136.7 lbs / 62.0 kg on 19 Dec

GW1:    132.1 lbs / 59.9 kg

GW2:    125.0 lbs / 56.7 kg

UGW:    121.3 lbs / 55.0 kg

Accountability thread

137 | 136 | 135 | 134 | 133 | 132

131 | 130 | 129 | 128 | 127 | 126 | 125 | 124 | 123 | 122 | 122 | 121

"Tomorrow is a new day with no calories in it... yet."

#327 FadedBeing

FadedBeing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 07:03 AM

I’m another teacher (can’t remember if I’ve already responded to this thread). 
It doesn’t always sit well with me being in a position of responsibility and public example alongside my issues but it is what it is. 
It helps to know I’m not alone in this. 

• NLP likes this

HW: 10st7 (147)

LW: 7st4 (102)

CW: dodgy scales

GW: 8st3 (115)

UGW: *shrug*

#328 adriennne

adriennne

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationSchrute Farms

Posted 31 December 2020 - 09:41 AM

tech manager at a bank

#329 WitchyWoman27

WitchyWoman27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:51 PM

Im an intern right now but I am in grad school for social work and goal is to be a therapist soon.....please try to contain your laughter lol. 

#330 WinterFairie

WinterFairie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:12 PM

Knowledge Management Librarian here...37 (where have the years gone?!). I'm full-time remote, which is really helpful for avoiding judgment from others about my dietary choices. My ED has waned and waxed for ~20 years (anorexia and bulimia when younger; recovered from the bulimic tendencies). Focused on eating healthy and also weeding out various food allergies.   

...I enjoy the calming energy of trees, copious amounts of tea, hanging out with my gentleman of a cat, and meditation...

SW: 105
LW: 97
CW: 97

GW1: 95

#331 ghrelingremlin

ghrelingremlin

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:23 PM

I teach at a uni in Los Angeles so I'm surrounded by college girls with ED.

Lots of famous/wealthy students so use your imagination.

#332 sylvie_sylphide

sylvie_sylphide

shitty ballerina

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12753 posts
  • Locationfloating about

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:45 AM

i work part-time in medical reception and am trying to finish my degree (still working on undergrad) to hopefully one day work as a therapist, maybe a creative arts therapist. or maybe sidestep into arts management. both of those would require further degrees tho - fml idk if i will ever make it into a career path that i want lok

♡ accountability: whittling back down to waiflike

✿ probably on the tapatalk app and unable to see your sig ✿

#333 TheStarsAndMoon

TheStarsAndMoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:54 PM

30F, married, freelance fashion photographer & hair and make up artist. 
Working in the fashion industry makes me feel guilty, a part of many problems
It's frustrating to think that by the time my niece is in her teens we might still have this single track perspective in fashion. 

I feel like I could write a book on this though, so I'll stop here. 

- MV 

#334 mericat

mericat

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 04:17 PM

I'm a 32 year old registered massage therapist, nutritionist, & fitness instructor. I've had an ED since I was 11 or 12. I don't starve/binge/purge much any more, like in the early years of my disorder; I am EDNOS, bordering on orthorexia, with body dysmorphia. I also have BPD & PTSD. I'm in weekly therapy, but I still have a long way to go to overcome all of my issues.. It's hard to find a balance between eating enough to get me through a long (very physical) day of work & appeasing my disordered brain.  :blink:

#335 Tangerine33

Tangerine33

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 09:14 PM

I'm 36, I have not been diagnosed with anything because I have never been skinny enough to cause concern and I'm not about to tell anyone about my issues.  I'm a supervisor for a custodial crew at the state university in my town.  Don't know if that counts as professional or not but I'm state classified which means I get great benefits, nice pay,  and it's nearly impossible to lose my job. Seems professional enough to me. 

Accountability

CW: 177.2 BMI: 28.8 OVERWEIGHT 5/23
GW1: under 190 by 4/17 completed 4/15 
GW2: 180 5/15 completed 5/5

GW3: 170 6/15  goal gift: mani/pedi

GW4: 160 7/15  goal gift: wall decor or google speaker

GW5: 150 8/25 goal gift: hair project
UGW: 145 10/15  goal gift - tiny retreat or tattoo!

#336 BeThinErin

BeThinErin

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationKentucky,USA

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:24 PM

44...Administrative assistant

HT: 5'7                                               GW2: 115
CW: 123...(9/1/2015)                         GW3: 113

LW: 106 :D

HW: 185 :((20 years ago)
SW : 130 :unsure:
GW1:125 <_<Hit 9/14/13
GW2: 120 -_- Hit 10/4/13
GW3: 115 :mellow: Hit 10/19/13
GW4: 110 :) Hit 11/14/13
GW5: 106 :D Hit 12/15/13
???GAIN-118-- 3 /6/14
UGW: I'll let you know when I get there ;)

Here we go again...

2015 Start 123... :unsure:

GW1: 117

09/2/19---Haven't been this FAT in YEARS!  I'm ashamed to say what my start weight is...and my goal weight too.

04/27/21: CW:125     GW:????see how low I can get

#337 Disintegration

Disintegration

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:29 PM

I'm 36 and work as a dietitian at an acute inpatient psych facility. A lot of the dietetic interns that are interested in eating disorders have actually disclosed having an ED themselves hence their interest. I felt very stigmatized when I first started, but the close minded dinosaur RD's have since retired!

#338 gotosleep

gotosleep

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 03:13 PM

i am in a professional job and have relapsed since getting it and lost about 20 lbs. some people have commented here (not coworkers) that i have lost a lot of weight. my tattoo artist said that she wanted to say something to me bc she knows that some people might not say something but that they are still noticing so i am worried that my colleagues basically know

5'7 // 11? lbs
source.gif

#339 Ami.london

Ami.london

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:45 AM

Since January I've been doing video for a pro sailing league. It's pretty much my dream job, however, nothing will make you feel like an inadequate fat slob like spending a lot of time like pro athletes.

#340 dulcelocura

dulcelocura

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:59 PM

I just turned 31 (literally 2 days ago lol) and I’m a clinical social worker.

So I’m a professional but also a hypocrite

5'5.5"

CW: FAT af

LW: 106

UGW: 99

back after treatment

I need this weight gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users