Apple Mono Diet - Diet Results - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Apple Mono Diet

Apple mono diet weight loss

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 demise

demise

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

So mono diets have been all the rage as of late on mpa, I thought I should give it a go with apples. I will be doing this diet for 5 days in total. 

The only foods and liquids I can consume are apples (any variety) and water. I have continued having my daily medication though, as it is not safe to come off the meds I'm on. 

I started on the 16th of November weighing in at 134.4 lbs, 61kg

Day 1: 5 apples (3 small, 2 medium) 134.4 lbs, 61 kg

Day 2: 10 apples (10 small) 132.2 lbs, 60kg (loss of 2.2 lbs so far)

I understand this isn't a proper mono diet, where I should be eating a normal days calorie intake, to do so I would have to eat 50 apples per day. But I will try to eat at least 10 apples a day

Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested in a one fruit mono diet, so I will continue to post my results and hopefully have lost a size-able amount come the 21st November AEST. 

• Crown of Feathers, Lightheaded-and-lovely, x happyachieverPark and 4 others like this

#2 I'm pretty when I cry.

I'm pretty when I cry.

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

Ahhhhh, i love mono...though i havnt triedit...i just love the results...good luck!!

#3 Guest_DyingToBeThin<3_*

Guest_DyingToBeThin<3_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

Only one kind of apple orrr? like both green and red??

• Gonnabethin! likes this

#4 demise

demise

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

Any apple variety. I have had royal gala and pink lady apples so far. 

• SaviorForAllThatYouDo likes this

#5 Thinderella

Thinderella

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationAus

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

This is great! Congrats on the weight loss. I'm more of a banana gal but I do love pink lady apples too... Either way, a fruit mono diet is really appealing to me. Good luck with it! xx
How're you feeling physically?

HEIGHT: 172cm

CW: FATTY MC FAT FAT
LW: 52kg

UGW: 52kg

GW by 28th Feb, 2016: 65kg

lace-dress-tumblrwhite-lace-dress-tumblr

anorexic-bampw-beautiful-black-and-white

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow (meow)

#6 demise

demise

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Beginning of day 3...

Weighed myself again this morning, unfortunately my scales aren't accurate enough to record any weight loss in less than 500g increments. I'm thinking I have lost just under a pound since yesterday though. 

Around 15 minutes after eating apples, I feel soo hungry. Which is completely normal, as apples are appetite stimulants. I have been craving other sweet foods, like chocolate and icecream (probably from reading all the chocolate mono diets happening at the moment). I've been able to have bowel movements each day so far, and I've been a lot more gassy the past 2-3 days as well (TMI!!!). Really quite sick of apples at the moment, can't wait to end this diet. I'm hoping to start the chocolate mono diet after this diet to try the proper 2000+ calorie mono diet idea. 

• beaulegged likes this

#7 Thinderella

Thinderella

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationAus

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Beginning of day 3...

Weighed myself again this morning, unfortunately my scales aren't accurate enough to record any weight loss in less than 500g increments. I'm thinking I have lost just under a pound since yesterday though.

Around 15 minutes after eating apples, I feel soo hungry. Which is completely normal, as apples are appetite stimulants. I have been craving other sweet foods, like chocolate and icecream (probably from reading all the chocolate mono diets happening at the moment). I've been able to have bowel movements each day so far, and I've been a lot more gassy the past 2-3 days as well (TMI!!!). Really quite sick of apples at the moment, can't wait to end this diet. I'm hoping to start the chocolate mono diet after this diet to try the proper 2000+ calorie mono diet idea.

Yeah my concern with eating apples is they make me kinda gassy too... Maybe if you cut them up into pieces and eat them that way, that might help. I've heard that releases the gas in the fruit or something. Could quite possibly be an old wives' tale, though.

But well done for making it this far! :)

HEIGHT: 172cm

CW: FATTY MC FAT FAT
LW: 52kg

UGW: 52kg

GW by 28th Feb, 2016: 65kg

lace-dress-tumblrwhite-lace-dress-tumblr

anorexic-bampw-beautiful-black-and-white

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow (meow)

#8 ana-lyser

ana-lyser

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

Good luck!! I can't wait to see your results!! :) :)

• demise likes this

DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU'RE PROUD

#9 Chibi Bunny

Chibi Bunny

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1456 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

Good luck!" :)
Just so you know, you're beautiful. Never stop believing :)

Stats
5'6

Hw:180lbs. :( never again
Lw:80lbs.
Cw:??? Not allowed to know.
As of Friday, January 3rd, I will be in residential at Mccallum place, MO. So if I don't post, I'm ok, just freaking out and trying to get out ASAP. I'll edit my sig as soon as I get back home.

I'm taking it all one day at a time. Giving it my best. And as long as I see improvement, I'll be happy. :D

#10 getting_thinnerxx

getting_thinnerxx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

As soon as I can't stand the chocolate diet anymore I think I want to do an apple mono diet. Great job so far! :)

20 years old.

5'3" // 160cm

141 lbs // 64 kg

---

HW: 153 lbs // 69.4 kg
LW: 102 lbs // 46.2 kg
GW: 118 lbs // 53.5 kg

#11 demise

demise

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Alrighty, decided to stop the Apple Mono diet after completion of day 3. This diet was pretty boring food wise, I honestly think it would of been easier to fast and not have to worry about eating at all to get the same results. 

Apple Mono diet positives : felt like a bit of a detox, lost about a pound each day, stimulated bowel movements to every day (sometimes twice), super healthy, almost impossible to go over 1000 calories (would of had to eat 18+ apples to achieve 1000+). 

Apple Mono diet negatives: Very bland and boring diet, found it hard to consume water for some reason? (didn't feel like drinking nearly at all), on 10+ apples a day there was a noticeable increase in gas (TMI!!!!), bowel movements were difficult to pass (wayy too much fiber and not enough water), I swear I have an acid burn on my tongue from soo many apples, craved normal food really badly. 

Probably recommend this diet to people who have trouble with water fasting. I wouldn't recommend for the current chocolate dieters who are going for fast results, I think there is probably more luck going with foods that the body can't find any nutritional value in..... Any way this is all in my personal opinion, good luck to anyone who may to the apple mono in the future! 

• getting_thinnerxx, Anahannahbanana, goldfishcracker and 2 others like this

#12 lescristaux

lescristaux

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

thank you for this it was very helpful:)

‚Äčlike no other you can't be replaced

theres nothing like lapis lazuli

#13 Guest_Tina_*

Guest_Tina_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

I have done apple mono a few times. Before mono diets were so popular.

3-4 days each time. No limit on apples. My results were great.

Starting again tomorrow, going for at least 6 days this time. I will update my weight daily here.

#14 wanttobethin98

wanttobethin98

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

I might just try this!  <3

Height: 5' 3" 

(I don't really know my height, doctors said it was 5' 5.5" but I more closely match my friend who is 5' 3" tall.)

Message me for my skype :3

SW: 152 (July 10) :ph34r:

BMI: 27.8

GW1: 147 (July 21) 

BMI: 26.9

(REACHED: July 12)

GW2: 142 (August 1) -_-

BMI: 26

GW3: 136.2 (Aug 25, first day of school...finally healthy weight!) 

BMI: 24.9

GW4: 131 (September 11) ;)

BMI: 24

GW5: 126 (Halloween) 
BMI: 23

GW6: 120 :)

BMI: 21.9

GW7: 115 (Thanksgiving) 

BMI: 21

GW8: 109 :lol:

BMI: 19.9

GW9: 104 (Christmas) 

BMI: 19

UGW: 100.8 (Valentines Day, officially underweight!) B)

BMI: 18.4

(Secret UGW: 88)

(BMI: 16.1)

151 150 149 148

147 146 145 144 143

142 141 140 139 138 137

136 135 134 133 132

131 130 129 128 127

126 125 124 123 122 121

120 119 118 117 116

115 114 113 112 111 110

109 108 107 106 105

104 103 102 101

100!!

"You say this is suicide?  I say this is a WAR, and I'm losing the battle."                                                                                          

#15 BreatheMeAna

BreatheMeAna

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1535 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yeah thats my issue. I can get gassy with excessive apples but this seems like a good mono

#16 hedgieloverAna

hedgieloverAna

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

Do you think this would be a good diet to lose and get off laxatives with??

H: 5'4'

HW/SW: 160+

LW:98

UGW:72

CW:106(ew) 

Current BMI: 18.4 (ew)

UGW BMI: 12.4

GW1: 109

GW2: 107

GW3:105

GW4: 103

GW5: 102

GW6: 101

GW7: 100

GW8: 98

GW9: 95

GW10: 93

GW11: 90

Twitter: @SeekingForBones

Tumblr: little-old-broken-me

#17 Pinkthin

Pinkthin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

I'm feeling super anxious and apples, fruit and coffee are the only foods I can allow myself to have at this point. Does anybody want to mono apples with me? I'd like to go for as long as possible. Like a month plus. Plan is to drink two liters of water a day. And to eat three to ten apples a day. Organic only.

If you have gas --- peel the apples. Think I'll drink cup of coffee or two in the am but that's it.

Anybody wanna join!? A buddy would help me!
  • ifidreamed_alittle-further, secluded and angelic.berry like this

#18 porcelain doll

porcelain doll

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

I'm feeling super anxious and apples, fruit and coffee are the only foods I can allow myself to have at this point. Does anybody want to mono apples with me? I'd like to go for as long as
possible. Like a month plus. Plan is to drink two liters of water a day. And to eat three to ten
apples a day. Organic only.

If you have gas --- peel the apples. Think I'll drink cup of coffee or two in the am but that's it.

Anybody wanna join!? A buddy would help me!

I'm doing an apple mono! only going to do it for about 7 days though. I think I will start it tomorrow
  • ifidreamed_alittle-further likes this

#19 Guest_halko_*

Guest_halko_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

This sounds interesting: "Apple Patch Diet, a variant of six-day apple diet.

• first day - 1 k of apples;
  • second day - 1,5 k of apples;
  • third day - 2 k of apples;
  • fourth day - 2 k of apples;
  • fifth day - 1,5 k of apples;
  • sixth day - 1 k of apples.

"It is allowed to drink tea (better) green, of course, without sugar, different herbal potions. It is allowed to eat 3-5 pieces of black bread (better dentils) per day. In such variant the apple diet is, without any doubts, enough difficult. Although the apples, very healthy product, contain almost all the necessary for organism vitamins and microelements, but taking only them during the whole week, you deprive the organism almost completely of inflow as energy (easy digested carbohydrates), as construction materials (proteins and fatty acids). One can lose weight of 5-6 kilograms with the help of six-day variant of the apple diet quite well. You can take apples as a whole, as grated one. It is also allowed to take a part of baked apples. Pay attention to that, what apples you will take during the diet. Your stomach state depends on it. It is recommended to eat sweet sorts of apples by the peracidity, but do not eat sour apples. On the contrary, it is better to take sour sorts of apples by hypoacidity."

#20 starfruit !!

starfruit !!

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1810 posts
  • Locationhell oops

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

I have done apple mono a few times. Before mono diets were so popular.

3-4 days each time. No limit on apples. My results were great.

Starting again tomorrow, going for at least 6 days this time. I will update my weight daily here.

Please re-assure me, I'm doing one today and I feel like it won't work. *tmi right here* I had large bm's before 1st period and after 2nd after eating 2 for breakfast, is that supposed to happen?

tumblr_static_graphics-kawaii-030311.gif

95 90 85 80 75 70 65

hw 95 cw lw 73 ugw 65

atypical anorexia !!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apple, mono, diet, weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users