Pale Skin Beautiful or UGLY???? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Pale Skin Beautiful or UGLY????

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cherry.cola_*

Guest_cherry.cola_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

I hate my pale skin:( It's very light, yesterday was nice and sunny so I decided to go outside wearing shorts.I ended up being extreamly self conscience about it.I normally think I have great legs because they are nicely shaped and have almost no cellulite, but out in the sun they just looked like dough.All pasty and gross.Now I feel to ugly to leave my house.I can't sun tan in the yard because I can't stand to see my whole pale body in a bikini.Spray tan is out because I don't want to look fake and orange.I think my pale skin is making me look fat.I was wondering if any of you see pale skin as beautiful.I really need to feel better about myself till I can get in a tanning bed.
Sorry this was so long btw
  • Raven, Acrognodo, viegnankike and 6 others like this

#2 Lunara_x

Lunara_x

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationAzeroth

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

I love pale skin :3  I think it is beautiful!

Actually all skin colours are beautiful :3

I'm also very pale and I didn't like to begin with but now I love it :D Especially dressing in black with pale skin, it looks awesome!

• Leela Lula, Inthinity, Sky~and~Earth and 23 others like this
Burn with Nature's wrath

#3 Guest_cherry.cola_*

Guest_cherry.cola_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I love pale skin :3 I think it is beautiful!
Actually all skin colours are beautiful :3
I'm also very pale and I didn't like to begin with but now I love it :D Especially dressing in black with pale skin, it looks awesome!

Thanks :) I have tons of black clothing and a black bikini that's awesome.How did you learn to love your pale skin?

#4 FallenAngel89

FallenAngel89

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

I've had pale skin my whole life and hated it when I was younger, but now I actually really like it because people tell me I look like a beautiful porcelain doll  :wub:

• Namaste, falling_so_fast, strayweirdmisty and 4 others like this
Closer by the day, but so painstakingly far away...

#5 Lunara_x

Lunara_x

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationAzeroth

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Well, firstly because a lot of men told me they liked pale skin :P Secondly, the contrast it makes, it's just beautiful! Even with make up , the things you can do.. :D Almost every colour will work with pale skin! Also, look at people like Dita von Teese and Michelle Trachtenberg.
And hey... wasn't Snow White the fairest of them all? ;)

xx

• Denna, Carly_Lou, moomins and 9 others like this
Burn with Nature's wrath

#6 chainless

chainless

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Locationneverwhere

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

I think it's beautiful and I love my pale skin, especially with black lace or something. It creates a great contrast! :)

• Denna, Courtney and Jessi-chan! like this

gallery_7125_15372_64318.gif

5'9"     hw: 175      cw: 140       gw: 130      ugw: 120      lw: 115

my only goals are a low weight & a high gpa

Please feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat on here or on kik about ED stuff, life, or a traumatic issue you're going through. I've been through a lot and I like supporting other people through theirs. Plus I love making new friends!

#7 e_zola

e_zola

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

I've had pale skin my whole life and hated it when I was younger, but now I actually really like it because people tell me I look like a beautiful porcelain doll  :wub:

Same here! I love my pale skin

• brokenbutterflies and Naila nayem like this

#8 MyGoodFriendAna

MyGoodFriendAna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I have pale skin too. All my friends joke on me about, even though their just joking it started getting to me. Long story short, I tried many things to get tanner but in the end, through the sun burn, bronzed stained clothing and clumped orange spots on my elbows and knees; I learned to love pale skin. I think pale skin is beautiful <3. And its so not worth the maintence and burn of a tan.
  • sunshine-between-my-thighs, 5taima, ghostin and 2 others like this

#9 lilpiggyhadnone

lilpiggyhadnone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

I like being pale. I was born pale so I am going to embrace it. I don't see how giving my skin an orange tint is going to make me more beautiful.
I try and avoid getting a tan but if I should get one from just being out in the sun then that also doesn't bother me.
My skin is my skin and I am happy with it however it is.
I don't think tan suits me though tbh. I do look better pale.

• mirrikitty likes this

#10 Guest_Paleblackeye_*

Guest_Paleblackeye_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

I think pale skin is so elegant. It's much healthier too.

#11 Srivastra

Srivastra

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1400 posts
  • LocationKentuckiana

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

I have Irish/English/Danish heritage, I pretty much just burn, freckle up then go back to pale. Which has never really bothered me. My uncle nicknamed me 'fish belly Kelli' because my legs were 'as white as the underside of a fish'. But he's kind of a dousche so I take it with a grain of salt.

Besides when everybody and their grandma is tan/orange id rather be unique and pale.

The downside being that my pregnancy stretch marks and various random scars are more apparent than if I were darker.
  • OhxBeverly, sugar_lied and 5taima like this

#12 Bellaa

Bellaa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Beautiful on some people. I look ugly when I'm pale.
  • lady mcmeth likes this

#13 deathssundaybest

deathssundaybest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

I used to hate my pale skin and now I want to be even paler! I cannot stand the orange look! However, if done well fake tan will make you look healthy and should not be noticed. Putting moisturiser in with the bottle will not only give you more of a subtle glow, but it will last longer. Do what makes you feel better about yourself  :)

• KeepingYoung likes this

5ft 3

Biggest weight 190lbs  :angry:

Current weight 147lbs  :(

1st goal weight 135lbs  :mellow:

2nd goal weight 125lbs  :)

Final goal weight 115lbs  :D  

#14 Pussy

Pussy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

I am pale as fuck! There are times when I hate it, but at the same time I know my pale skin suits me better than a tan would. My hair is practically ginger, not naturally though sadly, and my eyes are hazel. I think overall colouring is more important than your actual skintone and if it suits you, pale skin can be fabulous! 

• KeepingYoung likes this

#15 thinair

thinair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

I also have very pale skin :P . I didn't like it when I was younger, but when I think about it know, pale skin is beautiful!

Current weight: 46kgs/101lbs (BMI 18,7)

Goal weight: 40kgs (BMI 16,2)

#16 Guest_darkness_girl_*

Guest_darkness_girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I love pale skin! I am pale, but want to be paler, almost white. And I can't be normally tan, I am allergic to sun, I only become red and my skin itches, when I am in sunlight at summer, even today I get itchy face and hands, because I forget my anti sun cream with SPF 30. But I dont even want be tan, I want buy a white powder and be paler, even it is fake pale.
  • Ana Brujana and Marla like this

#17 kim :)

kim :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

i love pale skin it looks so delicate always make mine a bit pale :) x

#18 aoma

aoma

Advanced Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2120 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

i love pale skin!! im pale for someone with mediterranean and middleeastern roots but im still trying to get lighter skin :)

if you hate yourself, then with your own hands

destroy the self that you hate and make a new one.

tumblr_nw6lbfkndx1qc3513o2_400.jpg

#19 tobf

tobf

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationAsia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I think there are two types of pale skin, and one is absolutely beautiful (the natural one that isn't the direct result of a sickness, which often looks grey) don't be self conscious.

Tire Of Being Fat 

not diagnosed. Behaviors were BED age 14-28, currently behaviors match ED-NOS restrictive type.

HW: 250 (2007) .::. SW: 208 (2011) .::. CW: 137.1 (05/16/14) .::. LW: 125.6 (2011) .::. Born '82 .::. kik: tobftt

Short-term Goals (Before Sept Ends, 2014)                        
[03/13/'14] G1: 24.0 BMI {158.0}                          [xx/xx/'xx]  G5: 20.0 BMI {131.6} New Max Weight allowed, even if in recovery
[04/03/'14] G2: 23.0 BMI {151.4}                          [xx/xx/'xx]  G6: 19.0 BMI {125.1} New LW
[04/15/'14] G3: 22.0 BMI {144.8}                          [xx/xx/'xx]  G7: 18.0 BMI {118.5} Buffer to not hit 'Normal' easily
[05/10/'14] G4: 21.0 BMI {138.2}                          [xx/xx/'xx]  G8: 17.5 BMI {115.2} Would like to meet the old criteria, at least once

**Date format is mm/dd/'yy 

Forever goal:

To be between 17.5~18.5 BMI for the rest of my fucking life.

Lowest I ever want to allow myself to go:

110, 16.7 BMI, 50kg

#20 ThinkingThinxo

ThinkingThinxo

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I have pale skin and love it! I think it contrasts nicely and is elegant. I wouldn't try to get tan even if there wasn't any risk of skin cancer.
  • sugar_lied likes this

Height: 5'2''

CW: 120 lbs  :(

GW1: 115 lbs  ^_^

GW2: 105 lbs  :P

UGW: 95 lbs :wub:

XOXO

~Sie~

~ACCOUNTABILITY~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users