Pale Skin Beautiful or UGLY???? - Page 3 - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Pale Skin Beautiful or UGLY????

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#41 Theres_No_Escaping

Theres_No_Escaping

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

I LOVE pale skin!! I honestly wish I was paler :P

#42 Rev.Daisuke

Rev.Daisuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

I hate how I look with very pale skin. I buy tanning lotion from the store which gives my skin a bit of a healthier glow. 

~ "Fly me to the moon, let me swing among those stars." ~

Height: 5'10" 

Started At : 150lbs

Current Weight: 130lbs

GW#1: 120 by July

GW#2: 110 by September 

Ultimate Goal: 105lbs by October 

#43 Guest_PoisonTongue_*

Guest_PoisonTongue_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

I adore my pale skin. I like the contrast my skin has against my dark hair and eyebrows. I have yellow undertones though so I'm not as pale as someone who would have pink undertones but I still have to buy white foundation to make normal shades suit me.

I reckon some people look better with tanned skin and some people look better with pale skin it all depends. My boyfriend for example looks super gross when he's pale but when he starts to tan his skin looks lovely, and it's lucky he tans so easily. I take forever to tan apparently I haven't had a tan since I was 8 and I've never ever burnt but I'm happy about that.

A final note, I may be mega pale but I sure don't look pasty, even with my poor diet and raging insomnia. Nothing sickly about my skin, nope lol

:)

#44 Match

Match

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

I think it depends on the person. I think imperfections are more obvious on pale skin (I have pale skin) but I also think it makes you look younger. Because of imperfections standing out on pale skin I think you have to be well toned, not necessarily thin but definitely toned. But when people with pale skin do look good I think they really look good. I kind of like my pale skin but I do fake tan a lot when I'm not feeling confident to hide my blemishes and cellulite. I think tanned skin is more forgiving.

Start Weight: 11st. 2lbs (bmi 26)

Current Weight: 10st. 5lbs (bmi 24.1)

Goal Weight One: 10st. 9lbs (bmi 24.8)

Goal Weight Two: 10st. 4lbs (bmi 24)

Goal Weight Three: 9st. 12lbs (bmi 23) | Goal Weight Four: 9st. 7lbs (bmi 22.1) | Goal Weight Five: 9st. 2lbs (bmi 21.3)

Goal Weight Six: 8st. 9lbs (bmi 20.3) | Goal Weight Seven: 8st. 5lbs (bmi 19.5)

Ultimate Goal Weight: 8st. (bmi 18.6)

#45 LimousLuna

LimousLuna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

i love pale skin, i'm REALLY pale, as in literal white. and i used to think it made me look fatter, but i dont think that anymore.

Hey you!
Yes you,
the wonderful, incredible, beautifully flawed person reading this.
Thank you for being born.
And thank you
for every day since that you have decided to continue with this
miraculous thing called

Life

#46 lovesong

lovesong

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

I'm so pale I refer to myself as glow in the dark. People laugh. But it's legit.

I love it and I hate it. I always felt like I looked thinner when I somehow got a tan (usually the result of a burn) but I'm not willing to be burnt 24/7 to be tan, so whatevs.

#47 littlemouse

littlemouse

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1252 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

I think pale skin is much more beautiful than the fake tans or the dark unnatural tan colors. 

Its who you are. Embrace it (:

Make it you. If not then go tanning just a little bit but not much....just to get an even color.

#48 Dunkelheit

Dunkelheit

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationOblivion

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

I love being pale but I have to wear alot of makeup to pull it off properly, I'm thinking of tanning this summer just for the 'forgiving' part of it, hides cellulite, makes teeth look white, hides blemishes ect. But I really do like pale skin

#49 Guest_SirenSong6_*

Guest_SirenSong6_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

It's beautiful on some people .... Doesn't suit me though cause my skin does have a tan kind of tone to it ... My mom looks Spanish !! She's really olive and mines going the same way ....

Not a fan of fake tan though it looks nasty Half the time :)

X

#50 skinnyforkorean

skinnyforkorean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Pale skin is so beautiful. Actually if you lived in Asia you would be considered really pretty because of nice body  and pale skin ;)

5 ft 4

CW:154 lbs

GW:110 lbs

#51 ☆PaisleySky☆

☆PaisleySky☆

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2787 posts
  • LocationPNW🌲

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'm a redhead, so... just about as white as you can get. I practically GLOW and I've never managed a tan in my life. Like, I've tried, but it's not physically possible because I don't have enough melanin. Hahaha. I just burn to a crisp and freckle.
A lot of people find pale skin beautiful and it's true that it compliments just about every hair color/clothing etc. I don't mind my paleness, but it's my freckles that get to me... /:

5'2"

CW 92 lbs 🐳

LW 76 lbs

Recovery failure.

✨Watch my relapse here✨

#52 FaustinaThin

FaustinaThin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

I love pale skin and was even going to by whiting cream so i can be more pale. I love all skin colors but just not on me. I have so much melanin in my skin i got a terrible tan just from walking home :( Honestly, all my friends say by the end of summer I'm a different race. I hate it because I'm one of the only non-white-looking kids in my school even though my mom is white.

My Inspiration Tumblr: http://winterthinsum...kin.tumblr.com/

Height 5'4

CW: 118 (10/7/13) 

GW1: 115lbs

GW2: 110

GW3:105

UGW: 100lbs

#53 Caterina123

Caterina123

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Every skin color is beautiful don't worry :)

gallery_13725_51466_19196.jpg

#54 goth

goth

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

sure you hate your skin now but staying pale is a good thing. the sun damages your skin and makes it wrinkly, so when youre older your pale skin will be smooth ^__^

500 ml of blood contains about 450 calories

#55 aliedelaney

aliedelaney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

My pale skin is one of the only things im kind of comfortable with, except my millions of freckles... I personally ADORE pale skin. I think its gorgeous, along with all skin colors. The only thing i have a problem with is finding a foundation thats light enough  <_<

• ☆PaisleySky☆ and skinnyforkorean like this

i guess im here again. oh well. i cant get away from her.

SW: 116

CW: 110.4

GW1: 115

GW2: 110

GW3: 105

GW4: 100

UGW?: 95

Height: 5'1.5

#56 anahanna125

anahanna125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

i personally love pale skin , its beautiful! im kinda old fashioned that way i wish i was as pale as the moon cx. but the only pale skin that isnt very great is when it looks pastey ,grey or malnourished and dry ,so keep it healthy beautiful :)

HT:5'0

cw 123lbs

gw1: 118 (2nd progress pic)

gw2:115

gw3:110(3rd progress pic)

gw4:107

gw5:105(4th progress pic)

gw6:100(5th progress pic!)

happygw7:99 lbs! :D

UGW:93 or 94 lbs (6th progress pic :3 )

in challenge:Super Skinny Me The Race To Size Double Zero :3

Me:progress pictures

progress pic #1 wt:122.4lbs

<3

maisia

samtaro25

addycee13

helpmethin

anahanna125

elizabeth23

skinnyispretty

<3

#57 shan410

shan410

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4791 posts
  • LocationO-H-I-O

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm very fair skinned and I love it... My skin does not tan and I've embraced it. As others have said black looks amazing on fair skin and I've found makeup looks more elegant and classy. Lol Only downside is my friends all go tanning and the jokes begin the minute I wear shorts.... Ya know the "wow u almost glow in the dark" and hold your arm up next to mine so I can decide if I need to go tanning today"
j6sdmu.jpg

#58 RosaFleur

RosaFleur

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

I have pale skin most of the time, but if I spend time in the sun I do actually tan quite well. I like both colours but because my natural hair colour is a very dark ash brown (absolutely no red at all) when I was pale I looked kind of exhausted. So I turned my hair to a light browny goldeny dark blonde sort of colour, which suits me much much better.

Age 22        Height 5ft6

HW 130

LW NOW

CW 99.4

UGW 97

Ana with b/p

#59 Guest_AmeliaBleedingHart_*

Guest_AmeliaBleedingHart_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Beautiful

#60 Azul

Azul

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

Do u want a vamp look or a beach look? Vampire is sexy and so is beachy. But suits u? Beach is easyer, but tanning is not good for your skin. If you r already pale I'd go for a vampy thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users