So I tried that sugar thing... - Diet Results - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

So I tried that sugar thing...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:25 AM

Yeah. There's some thread about eating sugar makes you lose blah blah...Anyway I wanted to try it out of curiosity. I decided not to, but ended up doing it on accident anyway.

So day 1, I was craving sweets. Usually I do well with cravings and just tell them to fuck off and it works, but this shit was on another level. I had two cupcakes for breakfast and a snickers for lunch. Went home and just snacked on some various things (pretzels, fruit snacks, etc.)
I lost 3 gd pounds
I thought it was just luck...so I tried another day

Day 2 I had a like 6 chocolate mini donuts for breakfast and a snickers for lunch and snacked again for dinner. Lost 2 pounds
I thought SURELY this is just a fluke so I went for day three...
Day 3...you guessed it. sugary shit for all meals and lost another 2

NOW it's the weekend. Now I'm really curious. I ate normally all weekend thinking this weight is going to come back, right? I needed to prove to myself that the weightloss was bullshit. It didn't. It is Monday morning and even with 6 meals under my belt, I didn't gain a shittin bit of it back. And bear you in mind that this is BEFORE going number 2 AND before I got 8 hours of sleep.

Anyway...I'm not saying do it or that it's healthy and it will surely give you diabetes BUT...just wanted to post the results. So there ya go
  • ♔ Sailor Moo ♔, Choco_Bitch_612, CarmenG and 2 others like this

#2 khaos-

khaos-

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Location50°36'22.1"S 165°59'26.0"E

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:31 AM

What?? you lose bt eating candy? so if you eat donuts amd chips and all that you'll lose? can I ask how many kcals you had per day? I'm so hyoed about this. Now I want to try it as well.
  • Yoreru likes this

"What's one less person on the face of the earth anyway?"

Ted Bundy.

"The meal isn't over when I'm full. It's over when I hate myself even more."

​―​ Louis C. K.

"Nobody needs to be taken to hell to experience it.

We just grow despair inside the soul until it becomes a world in and around a human."

―​ Carolyn Jess-Cooke.

puZXMUoVYlck.gif

#3 Kɪʟʟ ᴍᴇ Aɴᴀ

Kɪʟʟ ᴍᴇ Aɴᴀ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

What the.. How does this work?? Thats great omg
alice-alice-in-wonderland-funny-gif-Favi

#4 blodeuwedd

blodeuwedd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:11 AM

This reminds me of my recent experience. I've had terrible self regulation the past couple years despite wanting to be a completely healthy eater. No restricting, just bouncing back and forth between healthy meals and a carton of ice cream as a meal and maintaining with little fluctuation. I decided to go a full week eating totally healthy. I didn't think I was eating that much but I gained 5 lbs in that small time. Wth it should have been opposite! But I feel like if we just let ourselves eat whatever we want even if unhealthy, we can actually reach satiation easier and therefore eat less. I know I eat more trying to ignore the cravings!
  • SadSquid2000 and sena. like this

#5 takenbysleep

takenbysleep

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1333 posts
  • LocationMaking bacon pancakes on a tropical island in the land of Ooo, Earth, Dimension C-137

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

When my eating disorder was still in formation, all I ever ate was candy and yogurt cups, and an occasional banana. I just ate it because I liked it, and I was quite a scrawny little child. I could eat half a box of swiss rolls in one day, but that was basically all I ate for that day. 

I also had this weird thing were I couldn't eat if I had become "contaminated" by being touched my one of three of my siblings that were deemed "germy". Yeah, I don't know how that really happened... I went at least a year before I allowed myself to hug my little sister (though it seemed like a lot longer). That's how I managed to starve for long periods, because I couldn't eat while contaminated. 

• MermaidScales likes this

God doesn't want something from us. He simply wants us. - C.S. Lewis.

4078a58f0eccb2833aff9761e7b38966.jpg

cfd3956caa16504eb2c278352d658aa6.gif

#6 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

What?? you lose bt eating candy? so if you eat donuts amd chips and all that you'll lose? can I ask how many kcals you had per day? I'm so hyoed about this. Now I want to try it as well.

Oh I haven't a clue, sweetie. I didn't really count the calories. I don't know about chips because it's supposed to be sugar, not just junk food in general. Anyway, be careful with it. It's definitely not something anyone should do long term because the diabetes thing is no joke.
  • khaos- likes this

#7 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:27 AM

What the.. How does this work?? Thats great omg

I really don't know. I think the original post is in General, but I could be wrong. I guess just do a search for it. I dunno. Apparently a lot of people have lost doing this though. Again, I don't recommend it long term.

#8 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:29 AM

This reminds me of my recent experience. I've had terrible self regulation the past couple years despite wanting to be a completely healthy eater. No restricting, just bouncing back and forth between healthy meals and a carton of ice cream as a meal and maintaining with little fluctuation. I decided to go a full week eating totally healthy. I didn't think I was eating that much but I gained 5 lbs in that small time. Wth it should have been opposite! But I feel like if we just let ourselves eat whatever we want even if unhealthy, we can actually reach satiation easier and therefore eat less. I know I eat more trying to ignore the cravings!

Same! If I try to eat healthy I end up frustrated because nothing tastes good and I end up binging by the end of the day. So envious of people that like healthy foods. I'd rather have a 100 calorie cupcake than a 100 calorie banana any day and just take a multivitamin haha
  • blodeuwedd, Lorren and Yoreru like this

#9 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:25 AM

http://www.myproana....skinny-bitches/

Here, guys.
  • Stunningbones, Angelgum and Kɪʟʟ ᴍᴇ Aɴᴀ like this

#10 Hurt

Hurt

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationAhrizona

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

hope you don't mind but how much did you weigh before, and how much now?

MY ACCOUNTABILITY

Spoiler

tumblr_o04rsgmC801qgrdiqo1_500.gif

MY ACCOUNTABILITY

#11 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:14 AM

hope you don't mind but how much did you weigh before, and how much now?

I pm'd you.
  • MadameGrey likes this

#12 yuansy

yuansy

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:25 AM

tbh i lose more eating sweets. like i just eat chocolate bar for breakfast then chocolate bar for lunch and then chocolate doughnuts for dinner and still lose. i also heard that salt makes a person retain water wc also explained why i looked thinner eating sweets than when i restrict but eat salty foods
  • whatsthename and xoxoanorexix like this

tumblr_op3idm7qbU1vklr6jo1_250.png

cw 77 lbs

gw 73lbs

#13 Pukingpig

Pukingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

Ok over halloween I tried this and I didnt lose any weight really (like one pound Im guessing because I did eat a few real meals as well) but I didnt gain any and I ate a shit ton of chocolate 

#14 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:42 AM

Ima try it again. Starting today. I'll let ya know!
  • MadameGrey likes this

#15 rosesandcandy

rosesandcandy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

Wish i could do this but diabetes type 1 runs in my family and a lil scared it will trigger it ive already had really high blood sugars before nd low. You can develop it later in life if triggered
  • Angelgum likes this

#16 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:28 AM

Wish i could do this but diabetes type 1 runs in my family and a lil scared it will trigger it ive already had really high blood sugars before nd low. You can develop it later in life if triggered

Yikes Yeah I'd definitely stay away from it then.

#17 Cass88

Cass88

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSW Missouri

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:31 AM

Oh and I did it yesterday

6 chocolate donuts and some peanut m&ms for breakfast, two cupcakes for lunch, and a snack cake for dinner.

I only lost 1.2lbs this time. Might be because I'm on my period and bloated af though.

#18 skxnny.thoughts

skxnny.thoughts

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:53 AM

The weight loss sounds nice, but I'm a bit fussy about nutrition and just eating sweets is so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Angelgum and vaporlight like this

19 / F / 5'7"

137 133 129 125 122 118 114

#19 skxnny.thoughts

skxnny.thoughts

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:53 AM

The weight loss sounds nice, but I'm a bit fussy about nutrition and just eating sweets is so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 / F / 5'7"

137 133 129 125 122 118 114

#20 ᴠᴇʀɪsɪᴍɪʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ

ᴠᴇʀɪsɪᴍɪʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3190 posts
  • Locationstardew valley

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:29 AM

I'm kinda mad that this actually works haha I ate 5 cookies, some sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding, and a donut yesterday (along with some air popped popcorn with some friends later on) and lost a pound like what is this. CICO obviously, but I still find it odd.

I'm usually not into sweets and I'm scared about the whole diabetes possibility but....idk I like not feeling bloated and eating little bits of sweet things keeps me satisfied for some reason?
  • pretty-hurts likes this

original.gif

tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif 24 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif 5'7 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif ednos tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif ugw: 103 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif

losertown 10wk challenge

accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users