The Nut Diet. - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

The Nut Diet.

• Please log in to reply
719 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

POPULAR

*fad diet that I came up with when I was in a bad place with my ED, do not attempt it lol*

Edited by Fidel Gato, 21 August 2019 - 05:21 AM.

• C4P5-L0CK, Thin Thighs, LauLou23 and 62 others like this

#2 fauxhugs

fauxhugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOR

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

This is really interesting! Have you done it or know anyone who has done it and had success?

• Mimi92 likes this

HW: 165 (7.4.2019)

CW: 154 (1.22.2020)

GW1: 132

GW2: 122

UGW: 116

#3 Guest_MelodicMe_*

Guest_MelodicMe_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

I that should work from what I know about nuts (: My only concern would be peanuts because they're actually legumes...

Keep us posted!

• Thinderella likes this

#4 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

This is really interesting! Have you done it or know anyone who has done it and had success?

Yes, I have done it - repeatedly. It's never failed :) But sometimes it takes a while to be effective, it's not instant weight loss like the chocolate diet. It's more of a dead cert long term plan.

• C4P5-L0CK likes this

#5 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

I that should work from what I know about nuts (: My only concern would be peanuts because they're actually legumes...

Keep us posted!

Well, peanuts aren't true nuts, of course... Several of the others aren't either.
But it's mostly a question of a food's fibre and carbohydrate content.
It's the combination of low carbohydrate nuts with low carbohydrate seeds that really blasts the fat out :)

#6 Guest_MelodicMe_*

Guest_MelodicMe_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Ooooh OK that makes sense :) they just seemed like the odd one out, so thanks for explaining!

#7 Gonnabethin

Gonnabethin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

How many grams did you eat in a day?
  • extrasmalldreams likes this

#8 Guest_paperaeroplane_*

Guest_paperaeroplane_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Also how did you lose in how much time with this/what did you do after? This mono dieting thing is REALLY interesting!!

#9 Thinderella

Thinderella

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationAus

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'd be very interested to try Macadamias. I was going to do either an almond or macadamia mono over the weekend but stuff got in the way. Am definitely keen to try one of these.
  • imablur and fireflysea like this

HEIGHT: 172cm

CW: FATTY MC FAT FAT
LW: 52kg

UGW: 52kg

GW by 28th Feb, 2016: 65kg

lace-dress-tumblrwhite-lace-dress-tumblr

anorexic-bampw-beautiful-black-and-white

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow (meow)

#10 Lvxy

Lvxy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Oooh. I've been waiting to hear about someone trying this. I might try it with almonds. I kind of did a mono diet where I only ate 1000 calories of walnuts (which is only about 160 grams) when I was low carbing and I did lose weight the day after. However I got a stomachache and woke up in the middle of the night from acid reflux (I think that's what it's called or maybe it was something completely different - it was icky though). Plus, I got sick of the bitter aftertaste after a while.

How many grams did you eat anyways?
And with what kind of nuts?

#11 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

The diet worked best for me when I ate about 500-550 grams of nuts a day. I have a faster metabolism than most people, though.You may want to confine yourself for 350-400 if you want the full effect. But to be honest, I pretty much just eat as many nuts as I want, it's just that there's only so many I can eat. Peanuts are quite filling, and almonds much more so.

I've done it so many times (it's never stopped working) that I have to remember specific instances. I think the best effect I had was probably last july/august when I lived on about 500 grams of nuts a day (peanuts and almonds) for 12 days straight and lost 3 kilos, then lost another 1.5 kilos when I went back to eating normally.

Or this September, when I did it for 6 days AFTER an 11 day low calorie diet, didn't really lose much weight doing it, but then lost about 4 kilos in a week when I went off it and did another low calorie diet.

The best time to go on the nut diet is when your metabolism has ground to a halt and low calorie diets aren't working anymore. It will speed up your body, get it used to eating more and prime you for losing more weight.

• Thin Thighs, ethereal, candysweetheart and 6 others like this

#12 Guest_MelodicMe_*

Guest_MelodicMe_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

How effective do you think this diet would be if I did it every other day? Only asking because I have to fast every day for D-ED, haha

#13 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

How effective do you think this diet would be if I did it every other day? Only asking because I have to fast every day for D-ED, haha

If you're talking about eating nuts on Mondays and Wednesdays and eating nothing on Tuesdays and Thursdays, then expect rapid weight loss.
But you'll lose weight either way, even if you eat lots of nuts on a daily basis, it works :)

• C4P5-L0CK, jian yi, sallyanax and 2 others like this

#14 Guest_MelodicMe_*

Guest_MelodicMe_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

If you're talking about eating nuts on Mondays and Wednesdays and eating nothing on Tuesdays and Thursdays, then expect rapid weight loss.
But you'll lose weight either way, even if you eat lots of nuts on a daily basis, it works :)

Thanks so much! I think I'll start doing this then because it fits with my paleo diet (minus the peanuts), and it gives me something to eat in front of my parents all day so they don't think I'm starving myself ^.^

• Ziz Lemon likes this

#15 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks so much! I think I'll start doing this then because it fits with my paleo diet (minus the peanuts), and it gives me something to eat in front of my parents all day so they don't think I'm starving myself ^.^

That's the beauty of these mono diets.
'I'm not anorexic, mum. Look, I'm eating more than you are.' Lol

• spbel, C4P5-L0CK, Mïś§ Ůşěď and 11 others like this

#16 Nyctophiliac

Nyctophiliac

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

Does it work with hazelnuts? I love them. And does it work with hazelnuts and almonds together?

RECOVERED! YAYS!  :) 

#17 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Does it work with hazelnuts? I love them. And does it work with hazelnuts and almonds together?

Oh yeah, hazelnuts are a great low carb nut. You can mix them with almonds too.

#18 Jadexox

Jadexox

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

This is great. Especially almonds! Im definitely giving it a shot next week.

Do you have any experience with nut mousse/butters? Esp. Peanut butter or almond mousse?

• extrasmalldreams likes this

Alice: "That's impossible."

The Mad Hatter: "Only if you believe it is."

5'8 -- 112lbs 

Accountability

#19 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

This is great. Especially almonds! Im definitely giving it a shot next week.

Do you have any experience with nut mousse/butters? Esp. Peanut butter or almond mousse?

You can have peanut and almond butter on the diet, but be VERY careful to check the ingredients. A lot of these nut butters have added sugars.
Also, since you can't have any carbs on the diet, PBJ sandwiches are contra-indicated :)

#20 Guest_paperaeroplane_*

Guest_paperaeroplane_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

I might be making my own almond butter (which I LOVE doing) and trying this.... this is so exciting! It's revolutionary, lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users