The Nut Diet. - Page 2 - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

The Nut Diet.

• Please log in to reply
719 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

I might be making my own almond butter (which I LOVE doing) and trying this.... this is so exciting! It's revolutionary, lol

I'm guessing homemade almond butter would be PERFECT for this diet. You'd keep all the protein, oil and fibre in it, so it would be just as beneficial as eating whole almonds.

Also, try putting almond milk in your tea... This is one diet where you don't want skim milk, fat is better than carbs. I for one am graciously giving up soy for the next week because of its carbohydrate content. I might just drink my tea black.

#22 Guest_paperaeroplane_*

Guest_paperaeroplane_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

I'm guessing homemade almond butter would be PERFECT for this diet. You'd keep all the protein, oil and fibre in it, so it would be just as beneficial as eating whole almonds.

Also, try putting almond milk in your tea... This is one diet where you don't want skim milk, fat is better than carbs. I for one am graciously giving up soy for the next week because of its carbohydrate content. I might just drink my tea black.

When I do use milk, it's usually almond milk, unless I want some chocolate Silk... ahhhhh I can't think about that though!!

#23 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

When I do use milk, it's usually almond milk, unless I want some chocolate Silk... ahhhhh I can't think about that though!!

Fellow vegan, eh?

#24 Guest_paperaeroplane_*

Guest_paperaeroplane_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

Fellow vegan, eh?

Mmmm on and off, yeah  : ) Kind of like 90% vegan, I try not to eat any meat or dairy if I can help it. It's more from a health and environmental perspective than an animal rights one for me though (don't hate me lol)

#25 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Mmmm on and off, yeah  : ) Kind of like 90% vegan, I try not to eat any meat or dairy if I can help it. It's more from a health and environmental perspective than an animal rights one for me though (don't hate me lol)

I don't hate anyone.
Except Robbie Williams. Cor, what a twat.

• little_lily, OvercastKate, heids7 and 1 other like this

#26 tincryptid

tincryptid

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

I'm a vegan too, but I've always been so much more fat-phobic than carbohydrate-phobic. So my diet is mostly fruit and veggie carbs with some fat. I'm a goddamn nut fanatic and I live every day for my allowed ration of peanut butter. None of that nasty hydrogenated stuff, though. It's criminal what they do to it nowadays... 

I'm really tempted to try this. I bounce between wanting to be a fruitarian and then this, but I'm just not sure. :( The science behind low carb diets and ketosis makes sense but I'm just so goddamn scared of all the calories this would entail.

I'm glad you've had luck with it. :) Thank you for sharing!

#27 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

I'm a vegan too, but I've always been so much more fat-phobic than carbohydrate-phobic. So my diet is mostly fruit and veggie carbs with some fat. I'm a goddamn nut fanatic and I live every day for my allowed ration of peanut butter. None of that nasty hydrogenated stuff, though. It's criminal what they do to it nowadays... 

I'm really tempted to try this. I bounce between wanting to be a fruitarian and then this, but I'm just not sure. :( The science behind low carb diets and ketosis makes sense but I'm just so goddamn scared of all the calories this would entail.

That's actually exactly how I do it. When I'm in hardcore weight loss mode, I'll do a week of living on nuts, then a week of living on fruit... I lose so much weight doing that.

Although sooner or later you have to worry about getting your essential minerals and vitamin B12. So I recommend taking a break from the full on diet now and then and just eating a whole lot of Special K, orange juice and soymilk. That's what's keeping me alive. Lol

• little_lily, tincryptid, MongJay and 1 other like this

#28 Lvxy

Lvxy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Even when I was low carb, I avoided nuts because they were so calorific (is that even a word? if it's not, calorific = calorie + horrific) and some of them are pretty carby plus they're easy to overeat. But I loooove almonds and nut butters. I've been wishing to hear something like this and I'm so excited to try it. I wanna hear more about it so try it and update guys. :D
  • C4P5-L0CK likes this

#29 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

Even when I was low carb, I avoided nuts because they were so calorific (is that even a word? if it's not, calorific = calorie + horrific) and some of them are pretty carby plus they're easy to overeat. But I loooove almonds and nut butters. I've been wishing to hear something like this and I'm so excited to try it. I wanna hear more about it so try it and update guys. :D

I've tried it, and it works wonders. But you're right, some nuts actually are carby, those are the ones you have to steer clear of, especially cashews and pistachios.
The main advantage of these nuts is that their glycemic index is close to zero. So they'll keep your blood sugar low. And although they are high calorie, the calories all come from fat that your body isn't able to absorb because it's run out of insulin. It's like playing a dirty trick on your digestive hormones :)

• savingsarah, C4P5-L0CK and Silent_Seduction like this

#30 Lvxy

Lvxy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Btw, don't worry too much about the calories while low carb. Sometimes I would eat up 2000 or more calories on butter, coconut oil, pork, and I would still maintain and sometimes get a whoosh. :D plus I find those food tasty and I actually felt "well." Now while I'm not low carbing, I actually feel kind of lost. So good luck!
  • savingsarah, Thin Thighs and tincryptid like this

#31 Lvxy

Lvxy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

I've tried it, and it works wonders. But you're right, some nuts actually are carby, those are the ones you have to steer clear of, especially cashews and pistachios.
The main advantage of these nuts is that their glycemic index is close to zero. So they'll keep your blood sugar low. And although they are high calorie, the calories all come from fat that your body isn't able to absorb because it's run out of insulin. It's like playing a dirty trick on your digestive hormones :)

Mhmmm. I keep hearing about macadamias for the fat fast but they just seem so expensive. Now I can do a mono with almonds without feeling guilty. :D

Also, do you only stick to one type (like strictly mono) or do you eat a mixture of nuts?

#32 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

Mhmmm. I keep hearing about macadamias for the fat fast but they just seem so expensive. Now I can do a mono with almonds without feeling guilty. :D

Yeah, macadamias cost a fortune. Though they are lovely.
And it is amazing being able to have as many calories as you want and get away with it. Lol

#33 Guest_paperaeroplane_*

Guest_paperaeroplane_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

That's actually exactly how I do it. When I'm in hardcore weight loss mode, I'll do a week of living on nuts, then a week of living on fruit... I lose so much weight doing that.

Although sooner or later you have to worry about getting your essential minerals and vitamin B12. So I recommend taking a break from the full on diet now and then and just eating a whole lot of Special K, orange juice and soymilk. That's what's keeping me alive. Lol

What fruit did you do for your week after?? I want to try this after my Chocolate Diet is over! : )

#34 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

What fruit did you do for your week after?? I want to try this after my Chocolate Diet is over! : )

Apples, because they're filling. Strawberries, because vitamin C. Peaches, because... Well, they're peaches.
And kiwifruit, because even more vitamin C.
That's what I'll do next week when I'm finished my current nut fast.

• janeplain likes this

#35 Guest_paperaeroplane_*

Guest_paperaeroplane_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

That's awesome! Keep us posted on how it goes : )

#36 Lvxy

Lvxy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

*giggling*

Peaches look like butts.
  • little_lily, hibiscus888, hallowstomach and 5 others like this

#37 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

*giggling*

Peaches look like butts.

Don't ruin peaches for me :P
My ex thinks kiwifruit look like bollocks.

• hibiscus888, beetlebum and Bianca Del Rio like this

#38 Lvxy

Lvxy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

Don't ruin peaches for me :P
My ex thinks kiwifruit look like bollocks.

"Bollocks"

Good job. You just succeeded in making me laugh. Good thing I don't eat kiwi. :P

#39 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

"Bollocks"

Good job. You just succeeded in making me laugh. Good thing I don't eat kiwi. :P

Lol :)

Pound for pound, though, they have three times as vitamin C as oranges..

The trick is to get them underripe. When they're ripe they're soft and sweet and gross. When they're under ripe, they're firm and tangy and will burn your tongue off.

That's how I like them.

#40 Lvxy

Lvxy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

Lol :)

Pound for pound, though, they have three times as vitamin C as oranges..
The trick is to get them underripe. When they're ripe they're soft and sweet and gross. When they're under ripe, they're firm and tangy and will burn your tongue off.

That's how I like them.

Maybe I have a sick mind but now you got me thinking you're describing "bollocks." I'm scarred forever.
  • sleepingmountains likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users