... - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 WhateverMaaaaaan

WhateverMaaaaaan

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12484 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

• ghostlyfox likes this
Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

Too Dead to Die - Another Sin

Stop! I can't hear it anymore
Never mind what I'm living for
Please, answer to me my only question
Are you perfection? Are you perfection?

#2 AriLeAnne

AriLeAnne

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

I personally would never do weight watchers. I've seen a lot of people gain from it. They don't design it for your body, not really. Just a point system for all foods. You're better off with MyFitnessPal and choosing your own calories, carbs, fat and protein intake suited for your body. There are a bunch of website that can help you calculate how many grams of each you should try and start with. I do them but personally I end up reducing everything even more than recommended lol

• Shadow-Boxer likes this
HW:276lbsCW:159.6lbsGW:107lbs

#3 WhateverMaaaaaan

WhateverMaaaaaan

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • 12484 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:59 PM

Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

#4 AriLeAnne

AriLeAnne

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

I understand, when dealing with this all your life it gets exhausting. I try my best to sometimes make a change but even at 1200 calories I seem to maintain and I can't have that. I just wanna get there already lol. I hope it works for you. If not maybe try a simple low carb diet? Maybe not as extreme as Atkins but staying below 50 grams a day seems to put most in ketosis while still being able to eat a sufficient amount of calories elsewhere. 

• WhateverMaaaaaan likes this

#5 WhateverMaaaaaan

WhateverMaaaaaan

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • 12484 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

#6 Hon3yb33

Hon3yb33

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts
  • LocationWuhan, China

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:07 AM

Weight Watchers was the start of my eating problems. All they taught me was to be obsessed with numbers.

• WhateverMaaaaaan and ihateusernames like this

25 yrs old / constantly questioning

H: 5'4 SW: 223.7 lbs CW: 208.9 lbs UGW: 127 lbs

Accountability Thread: Shaky Hands ~

Weight Loss Insta: pandapanic3

Fanart Insta: p3ac3fulfor3st

Ao3 -oOo- FF.n ~

#7 WhateverMaaaaaan

WhateverMaaaaaan

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • 12484 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

• LMNJ likes this
Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

#8 AriLeAnne

AriLeAnne

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

I have lost a lot doing low carb before. I can't seem to stick to that very long now, maybe I don't have the extra fat needed to stick to it anymore? It's good for a lot of extra fat burning and it worked well when I was super fat but now after about three of four days in it I go extremely crazy thinking about carbs which never used to happen. So I was thinking maybe I'd try something where bananas aren't seen as the devil. Especially since my doctor specifically ordered me to eat one a day after the potassium crash incident >.>

But then weight watchers thinks now bananas should be a free food? And they are like 100 calories a piece? This makes no sense lol and they are like "oh no one will just keep eating bananas all day just because they are zero points!" And I am thinking "you never fucking heard of freelee did you"

lolol

Hmmm that's shitty. Low carb always works for me. And once I start eating carbs again I blow up. Too many carbs will increase sugar and make you insulin resistant and gain weight. That's why I try to limit fruit as well. As far as I know bananas are 200 calories. Unless the ones you eat are super small. But yeah I disagree as well...bananas should not be a free food lol. I NEVER eat them. Luckily I don't really care for them. 

#9 WhateverMaaaaaan

WhateverMaaaaaan

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • 12484 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:43 PM

Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

#10 WhateverMaaaaaan

WhateverMaaaaaan

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • 12484 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

• AriLeAnne likes this
Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

#11 AriLeAnne

AriLeAnne

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

I've never seen bananas listed as having tht many calories, always from 75 for small to 110 for large, but I won't argue it. But yeah some nutritionists on an article about this were like "um yeah bananas are starchy and shouldn't be considered a free food..." ... lol

I mean they are better than cookies but they still have calories and count.

Where do you live? I'm in NY and our bananas are at least 150-200...maybe ours are huge or some shit? LOL. I also know that the browner they are the most the calorie and sugar content increase. Many suggest trying to eat them green if possible. And a blender increases points?? WTF? Maybe the blender brings out the sugar or reduces the amount of digestion work your body does; therefore you burn less calories digesting it? IDK just a guess lol. Since I was 8 years old my step mom picked on me about my weight and she schooled me to not eat bananas...so I didn't and still don't lol. I also will never forget when I went to put croutons on my salad (also still 8 years old) and she told me they would make me fatter. So I never touched those again either. Lots of things I grew up to learn were "BAD". It's engraved in my brain lol. Now obviously I restrict more but I try not to fast anymore or go more extreme than less than 500 calories a day so I don't destroy my body. I'm still losing weight so I don't see the point in doing more harm to myself anymore. Yeah there will be random days were I get lower than 500 but it's not on purpose. Just get busy sometimes.

#12 WhateverMaaaaaan

WhateverMaaaaaan

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • 12484 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:37 AM

• egal-kind likes this
Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

#13 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

Hi, Ana Police. I went back to WW over the summer and dropped out. I noticed a big change in what you could have and found it to be less food. However, I always followed the CORE or simply filling method of eating and counting. They took away the 49 flex points or lessened them so much that I felt like I was condemned to eating lettuce all of the time. I dropped out quickly and not due to that but due to stress in my life. I am a lifetime member and would like to lose the weight that I gained when I fell off the deep edge.

Are you going to give it another try?

• Butterfly1 likes this

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection. 

Seeking the ultimate freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#14 Holly_Wud

Holly_Wud

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

I didnt like WW. I drank all my points and was starving. id rather count calories. 

#15 JoJoB

JoJoB

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:24 AM

I haven't been back since Flex points and Core. The new system with free bananas sounds dumb. I did like the support of real people. I had friends there.

But yeah...WW totally taught me how to restrict for the first time.
♡♡♡♡♡

#16 imhappy

imhappy

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

I did weight watcher to lose baby weight.  And it worked great.  Then I went back and realized that it's a whole different program.  It was way too confusing and I agree that "all the fruit you want" is not the greatest idea.  So I'm just counting calories, and it seems to work well.  But yeah, weight watchers taught me how to count/restrict.  

#17 Svelte and Sullen

Svelte and Sullen

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

i loved WW

#18 Katie Katie

Katie Katie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2733 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

What's the point of the points? Can't people just count calories?

#19 chillychinchilla

chillychinchilla

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Locationchilling with the ducks at your local pond

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

I feel weight watchers would work well for raw vegans

like freelees 10 banana smoothies would be 0 points lol

i do hope you enjoyed the lovely ramble above which was most probably about myself in some way

an b/p
lbmi 12.3
cbmi maintaining anything under 14. no scale.
hbmi 21 (full blown binge eating disorder)

#20 WallyWoofer

WallyWoofer

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:07 AM

Where do you live? I'm in NY and our bananas are at least 150-200...maybe ours are huge or some shit? LOL. I also know that the browner they are the most the calorie and sugar content increase. Many suggest trying to eat them green if possible. And a blender increases points?? WTF? Maybe the blender brings out the sugar or reduces the amount of digestion work your body does; therefore you burn less calories digesting it? IDK just a guess lol. Since I was 8 years old my step mom picked on me about my weight and she schooled me to not eat bananas...so I didn't and still don't lol. I also will never forget when I went to put croutons on my salad (also still 8 years old) and she told me they would make me fatter. So I never touched those again either. Lots of things I grew up to learn were "BAD". It's engraved in my brain lol. Now obviously I restrict more but I try not to fast anymore or go more extreme than less than 500 calories a day so I don't destroy my body. I'm still losing weight so I don't see the point in doing more harm to myself anymore. Yeah there will be random days were I get lower than 500 but it's not on purpose. Just get busy sometimes.

This is a REALLY late response but you really won't know the cals of a banana unless you weigh it. The one I had this morning was 96 cals. It was slightly smaller than normal but I've never had one over 130 cals and that was a big ass banana for me hahah

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

11215577.png

34F, 5'4"

Canadian

Normal BMI: 145

Previous LW: 130

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users