... - Page 2 - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Topoli

Topoli

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3994 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

I'll chime in here.
The Weight Watcher's program is working really well for me. :)

I used to do WW in the past when it was a portion-based system, and I resisted the Points system for years. But when I hit 219.5 lbs (220.2 in December) I knew I had to try a new approach. Even though I have My Fitness Pal, I really needed more accountability, which this system seems to be giving me.

So I actually bit the bullet and signed up for WW Feb 7th, so I do go to a weekly meeting, and track online. 
And so far it's working really well for me; I've lost 10.6 lbs in a month.

Since starting Weight Watchers Feb 7th:

Feb 7th:     219.5
March 7th: 208.9

Cumulative WW loss of 10.6 lbs in a month. (Home scale)

You can also eat your activity FitPoints, depending on your settings, they kick in after you use up your weekly flex Points, or vice versa.

If you live near a Trader Joe's supermarket, this is really helpful:
http://ariellesays.t...r-joes-shopping

I heard this: there's an app called "itrackbites" which is basically the Weight Watchers program without the monthly cost.
http://www.myproana....mao/?p=22419530

There's also a way to make MFP also calculate Points, except it also counts fruit and veg.
http://www.3fatchick...oints-free.html

About the banana controversy, I've rarely eaten more than two a day, and they are great crushed up in yogurt, and I was thrilled to be able to have this treat and only count the yogurt Points.

Re making a smoothie, fuck it, I'd just count the ingredients separately. So the banana is still a freebie.

What is the advantage of the Point system? I think for me it's that it is really easier to visualize that 100's of calories. And I'm trying so hard to stay within my Points budget, that it really is retraining my eating. With MFP I'd eat too much and be like "fuck it, I'll just do better tomorrow" ... and do that day after day... ;)

Height: 5'3.875" / 1m 62 cm / Goal weight: 130 lbs

"We all know the moral of the fable about the tortoise and the hare – perseverance beats speed." -- David Cottrell (Author)

My rambling accountability thread, sometimes diary-like (some copied from OG monthly thread posts) gripes, rants, etc.- I'm honored to have followers! ;)
https://www.myproana...accountability/ 

Current weight and goals...

Spoiler

Stats, etc:
Spoiler

73318948.png The MFP ticker doesn't work anymore...

Pounds to go to 1st major goal of 200! (Really 199 lbs.)

#22 Topoli

Topoli

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3994 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

I had been a member of WW way back when they did flexpoints.

Now they have this new smart points shit and honestly it's too complicated plus it is all about pushing the "clean eating" fad.  Okay I realize that's really popular with a lot of people but

tbh it is lower calories that will make you lose weight and THEY EVEN ADMIT THIS but they now are into this thing like "promoting wellness culture" and I"m just kind of like

"I am 44 and you are not my mother, I just want a weight loss coach"

so idk, I was looking for some sane health(ier) weight loss coaching alternatives but

Well I am going to use flex points tracking instead of the smart points crap but

I am kind of annoyed now

Anyone else, I know this forum is super dead

How's it going, are you still doing the WW program?

• WhateverMaaaaaan likes this

Height: 5'3.875" / 1m 62 cm / Goal weight: 130 lbs

"We all know the moral of the fable about the tortoise and the hare – perseverance beats speed." -- David Cottrell (Author)

My rambling accountability thread, sometimes diary-like (some copied from OG monthly thread posts) gripes, rants, etc.- I'm honored to have followers! ;)
https://www.myproana...accountability/ 

Current weight and goals...

Spoiler

Stats, etc:
Spoiler

73318948.png The MFP ticker doesn't work anymore...

Pounds to go to 1st major goal of 200! (Really 199 lbs.)

#23 WhateverMaaaaaan

WhateverMaaaaaan

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12484 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

• Topoli likes this
Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

Too Dead to Die - Another Sin

Stop! I can't hear it anymore
Never mind what I'm living for
Please, answer to me my only question
Are you perfection? Are you perfection?

#24 rosiecatherine

rosiecatherine

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

The woman I work with is in her 60s + has been doing Weight Watchers since January I think? She sticks to the point system pretty well and is so far down 20 pounds and still counting 

I think it's more of a game for her working the point system and planning them out throughout the day 

She doesn't count any fruit or vegetable which surprises me but it's been working 

BMI: ?? | 5’ 2" | HW:147(bigbaddepressiveepidsode)| CW: 125 | GW1:128 | GW2:122 | GW3: 115 | UGW: 110<p>accountability

#25 Eightiesbaby00

Eightiesbaby00

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

The idea of free fruit on weight watchers is "in moderation." Also by my calculation, they factor in 200-300 calories a day for "free" fruit and veg. So no, it's not exactly free. But don't go crazy and eat ten bananas so you can use your points for Big Macs. Yes I obsess over numbers but it's probably the most healthy and least crazy obsession. I like the community too.
My biggest complaint is I can't get to 132 (I'm 135-137)... it's not quite restrictive enough. I've been doing it for two years (at lifetime for a year).
Any tips are welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users