Fasting advice? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Fasting advice?

Fasting horses anorexia relapse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HorseGirl

HorseGirl

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Hey everyone! I'm new to this sight but not new to anorexia. I've struggled with an for over ten years now (I'm 21). I've only fasted at my lowest weights but after bingeing my way up to my highest weights ever, I've restricted down to a healthy BMI and have begun fasting three days ago. I need some advice since I am new to fasting long term.

I want to fast for 30 days, but it's only day 3 and I am dizzy and exhausted. I heard this will pass after the third or fourth day, is that true? I also have a horse I own and love and I want to keep riding her at least three days per week. Do you think I'll be able to do this safely? Also if I choose to break the fast (my therapist is threatening termination of care/hospitalization) how can I do that while still losing weight rapidly?

Thanks for the support!
Height: 5'10
HW: 185
CW: about 145, don't have access to scale regularly
LW: 93
GW 1: 135
GW 2: 120
GW 3: 95
UGW: 80

#2 Guest_vortioxetine_*

Guest_vortioxetine_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

Don't. Just please don't.
  • malavisee likes this

#3 wojtek

wojtek

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2262 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

Please break your fast. Given that you are already feeling dizzy, it would be unsafe to continue riding because of the very real fall risk. If you refuse to do so, please at least have a glucose tab or something before riding. It won't keep you safe but it can help spike your blood sugar and slightly lower risk before riding.

And you can and will still lose weight after you break your fast. I know it feels impossible but you'll be okay.
  • Zoheey likes this

STATS

Spoiler

ACCOUNTABILITY[/url]

tumblr_mvvf2j4yLg1st9tzdo1_500.gif

<p>you ain't really from the under, had to go and serve your uncle just so you could feed your mother

#4 tay-tertot

tay-tertot

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

Since everyone else has said the obvious (stop), I will give you the answer to what you're asking.. 

Electrolytes. You need them. Find them somehow, whether via pill or broth or salt water, etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fasting, horses, anorexia, relapse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users